WP8 ROM for GS3?
Just wondering whether this is even possible, and if so if anyone thinks we'll see one or the GS3?
I have become intrigued with the OS and would be interested in playing with it if we do end up with a mod. I had the W8 Preview on my laptop and hated it, but for touch devices it seems like a decent solution.
- 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM #2
Re: WP8 ROM for GS3?
Since wp8 is closed source that'd be a no go, and microsoft would probably sue whoever cooked it up. The best you could get is a look a like. Sort of like miui that mimics the Iphone.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central ForumsCurrent Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA
Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.
Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
- 12-15-2012, 11:12 PM #4
Re: WP8 ROM for GS3?
There are a few launchers that offer the Windows Phone experience. Launcher 7 does WP7 and it is really good and stable. It even has some native widgets that show email and SMS counts. WP8 is newer and not as stable and mimics the WP8 experience with the smaller tiles. It just has the SMS widget. WP8 seems to use a lot more memory than Launcher 7 and some of the apps, notably the SMS app, crashes just about all the time.
You can download both from the market and you don't have to be rooted for either one.
- 12-15-2012, 11:51 PM #5
Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz
- 2,703 Posts
I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
- By jamesino in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 10-18-2012, 09:28 PM
- By craigrn16 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 18Last Post: 08-24-2012, 01:06 AM
- By ECrispy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2012, 06:42 PM
- By pbrennan42 in forum Misc. Android Phone ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
- By jjenson in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM