WP8 ROM for GS3?

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering whether this is even possible, and if so if anyone thinks we'll see one or the GS3?

I have become intrigued with the OS and would be interested in playing with it if we do end up with a mod. I had the W8 Preview on my laptop and hated it, but for touch devices it seems like a decent solution.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Since wp8 is closed source that'd be a no go, and microsoft would probably sue whoever cooked it up. The best you could get is a look a like. Sort of like miui that mimics the Iphone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
There are a few launchers that offer the Windows Phone experience. Launcher 7 does WP7 and it is really good and stable. It even has some native widgets that show email and SMS counts. WP8 is newer and not as stable and mimics the WP8 experience with the smaller tiles. It just has the SMS widget. WP8 seems to use a lot more memory than Launcher 7 and some of the apps, notably the SMS app, crashes just about all the time.

You can download both from the market and you don't have to be rooted for either one.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There are a few launchers that offer the Windows Phone experience. Launcher 7 does WP7 and it is really good and stable. It even has some native widgets that show email and SMS counts. WP8 is newer and not as stable and mimics the WP8 experience with the smaller tiles. It just has the SMS widget. WP8 seems to use a lot more memory than Launcher 7 and some of the apps, notably the SMS app, crashes just about all the time.

You can download both from the market and you don't have to be rooted for either one.

Launcher8
Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom, like a #Bawse

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355637098757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355637098757.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 64