- 2 Posts
Nandroid Errors and General Device Corruption
This is starting to get on my nerves.
After a long and involved process of trying to get a new Galaxy S3 from sprint because of manufacturers defects (i didnt get one) i had unrooted and uninstalled Cyanogenmod 10.
After going through the checklist ie:
-CounterReset LJ7 Stock Rom
I rerooted my device and lo and behold found only 1 of my titanium backup apps... nothing else at all
I rescanned both internal and external cards... nothing
So i thought "Oh goodie, well at least i have my nandroid"
-Primary Backup.... MD5 Mismatch
-Secondary Backup.... MD5 Mismatch
-Monthly Backup.... MD5 Mismatch
-Very First Backup.... MD5 Mismatch
I then checked the files and all the contents, boot.img etc., were either missing or incomplete
I am at a loss.... i am also so angry i am in a trance
I'm aware my data is very likely unrecoverable, but i need to know what i can do in the future to stop this from happening again
any help would be appreciated
- 12-22-2012, 01:25 PM #3
- 12-22-2012, 03:45 PM #4
Re: Nandroid Errors and General Device Corruption
It sounds like you may have a corrupted or bad sdcard. Or really, really screwed up an install. My advice would be to test your sdcard for bad sectors in windows via a card reader. If you find bad spots, don't try to fix it, just get another card. Either way, you might want to start over from scratch. Google should have saved your last installed apps and your contacts."I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
"Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
New users, click here!!
Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 126.96.36.199
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 11Last Post: 06-17-2010, 08:56 PM
- By Dapke36 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 32Last Post: 02-23-2010, 09:34 PM
- By awenfam in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
- By awenfam in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
- By brendanb in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2009, 12:32 PM