Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroRom/Quattrimus-CM9

Default quick question about the driver for my computer and semi root question

so im following the root guides instructions, and installed those drivers to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone

it worked but now if i go to my computer, it shows my C and D drives from my pc, then a G drive which i cannot open because it says location not available or something? then theres SPH-L710 which seems to be my phone because it shows folders like ringtones and downloads etc

is that set up right? that G drive thing is making me wonder haha

and then the guide says to put something in the external sans the internal, is that just putting the file in the root of that group of folders?

just wanna get everything right :P
    Would You Kindly?...
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: quick question about the driver for my computer and semi root question

Quote Originally Posted by therenegadenail View Post
    so im following the root guides instructions, and installed those drivers to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone

it worked but now if i go to my computer, it shows my C and D drives from my pc, then a G drive which i cannot open because it says location not available or something? then theres SPH-L710 which seems to be my phone because it shows folders like ringtones and downloads etc

is that set up right? that G drive thing is making me wonder haha

and then the guide says to put something in the external sans the internal, is that just putting the file in the root of that group of folders?

just wanna get everything right :P
    You can put it on the root of either the internal or external. Just remember where you put it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroRom/Quattrimus-CM9

Default Re: quick question about the driver for my computer and semi root question

How do I view the internal? Im assuming what I saw was the external, and it's not like there was a folder called internal

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Would You Kindly?...
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

You have to uninstall all of your Samsung drivers and install "Sprint_L710_GSIII_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0". You'll have to search for it. And if you install kies, then afterwards, you still have to do the driver dance.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0