Please help!!!

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my GS3 and flashed CM10 based on Android 4.1.2 JB. Of course I did a Nandroid backup before doing all that.

For some reason that I don't know, after flashing the new ROM and testing out, I wanted to go back to my original Touchwiz ROM and it won't restore from the Nandroid backup I made.

It says that the MD5 file is missing!!! It doesn't recognize the backup and won't restore. What should I do? Please help, even if I have to restore like as if I had just bought it I'll do it and that's it. HELP PLEASE!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my GS3 and flashed CM10 based on Android 4.1.2 JB. Of course I did a Nandroid backup before doing all that.

For some reason that I don't know, after flashing the new ROM and testing out, I wanted to go back to my original Touchwiz ROM and it won't restore from the Nandroid backup I made.

It says that the MD5 file is missing!!! It doesn't recognize the backup and won't restore. What should I do? Please help, even if I have to restore like as if I had just bought it I'll do it and that's it. HELP PLEASE!!!

Which recovery are you using? Did you rename your backup? If so, be sure there are no spaces in the name. If there are any spaces remove them and try again. Incorrect name format can cause the md5 error.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh and I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.2.3

How did you do you backup? Did you choose one of the custom options? Did you delete any of the files or folders in the clickworkmod folder? Such as blob folder?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
QbKing's version is old and has a lot of incorrect or outdated information in the video.

1. his method will return you to LEN version (The very first version of ICS) and you will have to update at least 5 times to gwet back to stock JB.
2. Your phone will be completely wiped.

There is a much better way to go back to stock JB without having to return to stock or flashing in odin

1. Download completely stock jellybean
2. put the completely stock jellybean file on your phones sd card
3. flash in clockwork mod just like any other rom. If you need help flashing in recovery follow these instructions.
How to flash ROMs in custom recovery
[NOTE]If you are going from a rom to the same rom that has been updated you often don't need to wipe data / factory reset and can skip that step. Additionally you can go even further by formatting system, data, and cache from the mounts and storage menu. [/NOTE] 1. From the home menu, select "wipe cache partition" and confirm by selecting yes. 2. Select advanced menu. 3. Select "wipe dalvik cache" and then confirm by selecting yes. 4. Return to the home menu 5. Select wipe data / factory reset and select yes to confirm (This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and accounts. 6. Select "install zip from sdcard" 7. Select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from external sdcard". 8. Select the file you want to flash and select yes to confirm. (if you don't see it, swipe the screen or use your volume up and down to scroll up and down ) 9. After it completes, go back to the home menu and select reboot system now.

Last edited: