• AOSP

3 11.54%
  • AOKP

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Default Re: Which ROM do you like best?

Quote Originally Posted by Dew2Live View Post
    This is my first post on AC. I am completely new to rooting and flashing. I don't see the big deal in asking for what someone thinks is the best, most stable rom out there. It really gives noobs like me something to think about lol
    I agree

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I agree

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
    Same here which is why I made the post lol. Posted the exact thing on XDA and they acted like I just killed their family.....

Yeah, I have noticed that, but I haven't dared to post on there yet lol. I will just stick to browsing the roms on XDA and hopefully if I ever have any problems, I can get the answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Same here which is why I made the post lol. Posted the exact thing on XDA and they acted like I just killed their family.....
    Lol

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

For TW I suggest Mother of all ROMs 4.1.2 or The People ROM or Darth stalker. For AOSP I suggest AOKP 4.2.1 or CM 10.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Running the wickedness and love it. Downloading the goodness right now might flash it this weekend.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

GiantJay For AOSP I suggest anyone and everyone to try the new PACman v19.9. It's pure awesomeness and great battery ife even though it's still in beta.
    phippsy- I HIGHLY recommend Goodness. It has working multiview and is just overall a sick ROM with loads of customization at your fingertips.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

GiantJay For AOSP I suggest anyone and everyone to try the new PACman v19.9. It's pure awesomeness and great battery ife even though it's still in beta.
    phippsy- I HIGHLY recommend Goodness. It has working multiview and is just overall a sick ROM with loads of customization at your fingertips.
    May check that version of pacman out even i prefer touchwiz over aosp for a certain feature
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    May check that version of pacman out even i prefer touchwiz over aosp for a certain feature
    Like what??

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Like what??
    Nothing major. It's just that whenever you're running a full screen app (like angry birds), you can swipe down to the top to reveal the notification bar. If I'm able to get that over to an AOSP rom, then I'm sold
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness V8.0.5a

Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    imho, Goodness 8.03 is the most complete Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
    Dazedandconfused - Wicked Sensations 2.0
    Joshbeach - Jelly Bomb 13
    Kennyglass123 - The Peoples ROM 3.1
    Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

All these ROMs are great and are well supported through the xda forums. You will learn a ton about rooting and options over at xda:

I'm partial to Goodness 8.0.5a myself.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Ga101698 View Post
    I'm partial to Goodness 8.0.5a myself.
    No fair. There was no 8.05 when i responded
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goodness V8.0.5a

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This is my first post on AC. I have been running DarthStalker for about 2 weeks now and it has been amazing. No issues at all, it's loaded with extra features, and it supports just about all the native features of the phone.

Been using the CM10 since I got the s3, and love it!
    Been using better bean as my theme (look for it on the market) and it basically gives you inverted apps plus more! Pretty awesome

Sent From A Hue'd Cyanogenmod10 Galaxy S3.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplashh View Post
    Been using the CM10 since I got the s3, and love it!
    Been using better bean as my theme (look for it on the market) and it basically gives you inverted apps plus more! Pretty awesome

Sent From A Hue'd Cyanogenmod10 Galaxy S3.
    Quick question, do you miss any of the touchwiz features?? I would be on AOSP if you didn't lose so much stuff with it.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quick question, do you miss any of the touchwiz features?? I would be on AOSP if you didn't lose so much stuff with it.
    Like what? That gimmick smart stay or smart roatation? I have my rotation locked anyways and when I need to be in landscape mope I'll just unlock it from the notification toggles. I have a new ROM though, been running it since Valentines Day... . And boy is it smooooth as hell! Huge update coming soon with photosphere, pie controls and more.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Like what? That gimmick smart stay or smart roatation? I have my rotation locked anyways and when I need to be in landscape mope I'll just unlock it from the notification toggles. I have a new ROM though, been running it since Valentines Day... . And boy is it smooooth as hell! Huge update coming soon with photosphere, pie controls and more.
    What I mean is that I feel like i'm taking a step backwards (even though you'll be on the latest android version). The camera isn't as good, most of the roms I tried weren't as stable as TW roms. There's always something not working. When it comes to those gimmicks, i'd rather have those and not use them then to not have them at all (even though some can be made as profiles in Tasker/Llama or downloaded from the play store). I will admit that AOSP is far more easier to customize than TW. To think before I got this phone (which is my first samsung phone), I ran only AOSP roms on my last phone (lg optimus s) and heard how terrible touchwiz is. Turns out, I actually like it.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

What I mean is that I feel like i'm taking a step backwards (even though you'll be on the latest android version). The camera isn't as good, most of the roms I tried weren't as stable as TW roms. There's always something not working. When it comes to those gimmicks, i'd rather have those and not use them then to not have them at all (even though some can be made as profiles in Tasker/Llama or downloaded from the play store). I will admit that AOSP is far more easier to customize than TW. To think before I got this phone (which is my first samsung phone), I ran only AOSP roms on my last phone (lg optimus s) and heard how terrible touchwiz is. Turns out, I actually like it.
    How is the camera not that good? Either way it is an 8MP camera lol... And I'll take having Android 4.2.2 rather than having Smart Stay/Smart Rotation anydayyy.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

How is the camera not that good? Either way it is an 8MP camera lol... And I'll take having Android 4.2.2 rather than having Smart Stay/Smart Rotation anydayyy.
    Lol i may change my mind. But for now i'm sticking with M.O.A.R.
    GiantJay likes this.

The best and only reason for anyone to stay stock is smart alert, best feature on the phone, too bad it only worked with the stock sms app, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    The best and only reason for anyone to stay stock is smart alert, best feature on the phone, too bad it only worked with the stock sms app, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    lol i use go sms so i cant even use it
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

I'm with you Deadly. I've yet to figure out why I would want a phone with the gps or blutooth or camera broken (yeah, if it's not broken on cm or aokp/aosp, give it time, it'll get broken (again) eventually). Some prefer cm (and aokp/aosp) and others prefer tw.
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0

There are great ROMs for TW and AOSP. It is a preference thing and neither are perfect. The great thing is the awesome developer community our phone has. We have so many great options, it is impossible to be bored with this phone. I recommend stable builds or a M Snapshot if flashing CM, if you want stability. Nightlys are not meant for stability, even though as of late they are pretty darn stable. Anyway try out different things and enjoy all of the great options. Personally I prefer M.O.A.R. right now because you can pretty much make the ROM look and feel how you want, but I do love me some CyanogenMod. I will be trying the new Snapshot for 4.2.2 when it is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Buddlespit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I'm with you Deadly. I've yet to figure out why I would want a phone with the gps or blutooth or camera broken (yeah, if it's not broken on cm or aokp/aosp, give it time, it'll get broken (again) eventually). Some prefer cm (and aokp/aosp) and others prefer tw.
    I never heard of a broken camera or gps or any type of error like that, if you read before you download, you don't make mistakes like downloading roms that have bugs like that

On cm10 I had issues where I would take a picture and my phone would reboot because of the led not working correctly on it, and I had plenty of screen wake issues, and some cases, woke up in the morning to find that my phone rebooted overnight

Every rom has issues, but if u know what u are downloading, u won't run into them, or learn how to fix them

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast