Which ROM do you like best?

Which ROM is best?

• Total voters

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Been using the CM10 since I got the s3, and love it! :D
Been using better bean as my theme (look for it on the market) and it basically gives you inverted apps plus more! Pretty awesome :D

Sent From A Hue'd Cyanogenmod10 Galaxy S3.

Quick question, do you miss any of the touchwiz features?? I would be on AOSP if you didn't lose so much stuff with it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, do you miss any of the touchwiz features?? I would be on AOSP if you didn't lose so much stuff with it.

Like what? That gimmick smart stay or smart roatation? I have my rotation locked anyways and when I need to be in landscape mope I'll just unlock it from the notification toggles. I have a new ROM though, been running it since Valentines Day... Liquid Smooth. And boy is it smooooth as hell! Huge update coming soon with photosphere, pie controls and more.

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Like what? That gimmick smart stay or smart roatation? I have my rotation locked anyways and when I need to be in landscape mope I'll just unlock it from the notification toggles. I have a new ROM though, been running it since Valentines Day... Liquid Smooth. And boy is it smooooth as hell! Huge update coming soon with photosphere, pie controls and more.

What I mean is that I feel like i'm taking a step backwards (even though you'll be on the latest android version). The camera isn't as good, most of the roms I tried weren't as stable as TW roms. There's always something not working. When it comes to those gimmicks, i'd rather have those and not use them then to not have them at all (even though some can be made as profiles in Tasker/Llama or downloaded from the play store). I will admit that AOSP is far more easier to customize than TW. To think before I got this phone (which is my first samsung phone), I ran only AOSP roms on my last phone (lg optimus s) and heard how terrible touchwiz is. Turns out, I actually like it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is that I feel like i'm taking a step backwards (even though you'll be on the latest android version). The camera isn't as good, most of the roms I tried weren't as stable as TW roms. There's always something not working. When it comes to those gimmicks, i'd rather have those and not use them then to not have them at all (even though some can be made as profiles in Tasker/Llama or downloaded from the play store). I will admit that AOSP is far more easier to customize than TW. To think before I got this phone (which is my first samsung phone), I ran only AOSP roms on my last phone (lg optimus s) and heard how terrible touchwiz is. Turns out, I actually like it.

How is the camera not that good? Either way it is an 8MP camera lol... And I'll take having Android 4.2.2 rather than having Smart Stay/Smart Rotation anydayyy.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The best and only reason for anyone to stay stock is smart alert, best feature on the phone, too bad it only worked with the stock sms app, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you Deadly. I've yet to figure out why I would want a phone with the gps or blutooth or camera broken (yeah, if it's not broken on cm or aokp/aosp, give it time, it'll get broken (again) eventually). Some prefer cm (and aokp/aosp) and others prefer tw.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
There are great ROMs for TW and AOSP. It is a preference thing and neither are perfect. The great thing is the awesome developer community our phone has. We have so many great options, it is impossible to be bored with this phone. I recommend stable builds or a M Snapshot if flashing CM, if you want stability. Nightlys are not meant for stability, even though as of late they are pretty darn stable. Anyway try out different things and enjoy all of the great options. Personally I prefer M.O.A.R. right now because you can pretty much make the ROM look and feel how you want, but I do love me some CyanogenMod. I will be trying the new Snapshot for 4.2.2 when it is released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you Deadly. I've yet to figure out why I would want a phone with the gps or blutooth or camera broken (yeah, if it's not broken on cm or aokp/aosp, give it time, it'll get broken (again) eventually). Some prefer cm (and aokp/aosp) and others prefer tw.

I never heard of a broken camera or gps or any type of error like that, if you read before you download, you don't make mistakes like downloading roms that have bugs like that

On cm10 I had issues where I would take a picture and my phone would reboot because of the led not working correctly on it, and I had plenty of screen wake issues, and some cases, woke up in the morning to find that my phone rebooted overnight

Every rom has issues, but if u know what u are downloading, u won't run into them, or learn how to fix them

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Also always do a clean flash. It is suggested to wipe data, cache and dalvick 2-3 times over at XDA by people before flashing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. I'm not trying to make it seem like AOSP is horrible because it's not. I'm just thinking that with the improvements Samsung has made with this phone, I think running on an AOSP rom is crippling the phone. But like you said, some prefer cm/aokp/aosp more than TW.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
CM10.1-M2 here...was running the nightlies as well and only had issues (phone would freeze requiring a batt pull) on 2-26(?).

Amaynard89

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got done using Pac Man v18 for a week after using Wicked Sensations. I like the look and color scheme of Pac Man but Wicked is great with Kuban updater and a lot of themed icons. I feel data speeds and reception are better with Wicked also. If Pac Man is cleaned up like Wicked then I'm sold.

dazednconfused1144

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got done using Pac Man v18 for a week after using Wicked Sensations. I like the look and color scheme of Pac Man but Wicked is great with Kuban updater and a lot of themed icons. I feel data speeds and reception are better with Wicked also. If Pac Man is cleaned up like Wicked then I'm sold.

If you try PacMan again, try it with DustinB's Cobalt Theme in the market. He was cool enough to let me use a lot of his images in my Wicked rom. But thanks for the props on my rom though, glad you like it.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting for v19 to come out of beta

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Highly recommend the new Liquid Smooth RC2. Just updated yesterday and it is freakin SWEEEETT!!! Continues to be my DD especially with this new update. Just check out the changelog, it is truly amazing.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Highly recommend the new Liquid Smooth RC2. Just updated yesterday and it is freakin SWEEEETT!!! Continues to be my DD especially with this new update. Just check out the changelog, it is truly amazing.

Looks like some nice additional, but nothing that would make me jump from my beloved aokp to try it

I will keep an eye on this rom tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37