ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default Which ROM do you like best?

TouchWiz vs AOSP vs AOKP

Which one and why?!

Default Re: Which ROM do you like best?

Aokp, nav bar widgets, nav bar targets, stability

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    TouchWiz vs AOSP vs AOKP

Which one and why?!
    Touchwiz... faster smoother and doesn't strip my phone of all the cool features that comes on the phone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Touchwiz... faster smoother and doesn't strip my phone of all the cool features that comes on the phone.
    I loved having the smart alert feature, until I realized it only worked with the stock messaging app

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    What are some of the best TouchWiz ROMs in your opinion? Also some of the best AOSP/AOKP ROMS as well (if you have any experience with those type of ROMs).

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I can't decide. I already gave you two TouchWiz based ROMs in the other thread....Darth Stalker....Wicked Sensations. Try them out and decide for yourself.

It's kind of like asking me what my favorite color is, because you don't know what your favorite color is. My tastes, and yours are most likely not the same
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I can't decide. I already gave you two TouchWiz based ROMs in the other thread....Darth Stalker....Wicked Sensations. Try them out and decide for yourself.

It's kind of like asking me what my favorite color is, because you don't know what your favorite color is. My tastes, and yours are most likely not the same
    But a color I can see and decide right away... much more work with this stuff!! That's why I'm getting some ideas first, based off of what other people are saying.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

What are some of the best TouchWiz ROMs in your opinion? Also some of the best AOSP/AOKP ROMS as well (if you have any experience with those type of ROMs).
    Can't go wrong with FreeGS3 or Wicked Sensations for touchwiz. And AOKP/CM10 for AOSP
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

When I had my Optimus S, I was on a ported CM9. We couldn't get CM10 to work, no drivers for any of the hardware and no "real" wrappers to get the hardware working. The stock "themed" roms all were froyo or gingerbread, and we didn't get the official gingerbread until about 6mos before my contract ended. CM9 was a little buggy and had to be rebooted often, but it allowed me to make my old and tired phone sing again.
    When I got my SGS3, I went straight for the official CM10 and was happy for all of a day. A week later, I saw a TW themed rom and tried it out. I liked it so much better than the CM10 rom because I got all of the really kewl things that Samsung baked into the rom that were either broken, missing or buggy in CM. When CM10.1 came out, I tried that too, but found Wicked Sensations and I've used it almost exclusively since (tried an AOSP that was pretty kewl, but still, I missed all of the Sammy stuff).
    Until I can't make my phone sing anymore with a TW rom, I won't be going to AOKP/CM/AOSP anytime soon...
    "I drank what!?!?!" ~Socrates
    "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." ~NASA, 1965
    New users, click here!!
    Sprint Sammy GS3 | MB1 | Wicked Sensations JB v2.1 | TWRP 2.4.3.0
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    When I had my Optimus S, I was on a ported CM9. We couldn't get CM10 to work, no drivers for any of the hardware and no "real" wrappers to get the hardware working. The stock "themed" roms all were froyo or gingerbread, and we didn't get the official gingerbread until about 6mos before my contract ended. CM9 was a little buggy and had to be rebooted often, but it allowed me to make my old and tired phone sing again.
    When I got my SGS3, I went straight for the official CM10 and was happy for all of a day. A week later, I saw a TW themed rom and tried it out. I liked it so much better than the CM10 rom because I got all of the really kewl things that Samsung baked into the rom that were either broken, missing or buggy in CM. When CM10.1 came out, I tried that too, but found Wicked Sensations and I've used it almost exclusively since (tried an AOSP that was pretty kewl, but still, I missed all of the Sammy stuff).
    Until I can't make my phone sing anymore with a TW rom, I won't be going to AOKP/CM/AOSP anytime soon...
    Very informative. Thanks a lot.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I feel for the most part the same way. Back when I had my Optimus S, I could only run cm7 and HydroROM as those were the only stable ROMS
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    Buddlespit likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Think I might go with a Wicked ROM, or the "new: Chemistry ROM that has working multi-window. Pretty sure both are TouchWiz based which is great and just what I want.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

imho, Goodness is the most complete TW Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
    Dazedandconfused - Wicked Sensations 2.0
    Joshbeach - Jelly Bomb 13
    Kennyglass123 - The Peoples ROM 3.1
    Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

All these ROMs are great and are well supported through the xda forums. You will learn a ton about rooting and options over at xda:
    Last edited by mobdad; 02-22-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    Joe113 

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    imho, Goodness 8.03 is the most complete Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
    Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

All these ROMs are great and are well supported through the xda forums. You will learn a ton about rooting and options over at xda:
    +1 for FreeGS3. Never tried the other roms though.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

imho, Goodness 8.03 is the most complete Jellybean based ROM available. Working MultiView, tons of optional themes and mods, choice of 8 different lock screens, improved sound quality and lots of baked in options. There is even an option for using call recording (only with the Anthrax kernel though). Mijjah seems to always be 1 step ahead of the rest of the developers. My next favorite developers and ROMs are:
    Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

Yes, I just registered at XDA a few days ago. Been posting and lurking around there ever since lol. Can't decide if I like AC or XDA better

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    it'll change tomorrow

I am really enjoying Chemistry rom it has multiwindow working and a great number of options. It has been absolutely stable no problems at all for me. Reminds me of Myns or Miks roms for the og evo, daily driver without a second thought!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    it'll change tomorrow

Yes, I just registered at XDA a few days ago. Been posting and lurking around there ever since lol. Can't decide if I like AC or XDA better
    AC is a lot more civil I have been on both for almost 3 yrs I don't comment much, but I'm on both almost daily reading post, you will find roms, kernels in abundance on xda, but be careful asking questions, you can and will get flamed. I've learned that all the information you need is on the site and its best to do like me and find it urself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running Wicked Sensations v2.0 and love it. Smooth and fast.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

AC is much more civil compared to XDA imho. Ask the wrong question there and you can/will be flamed.
    Thanked by:
    On3wheels likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Yes I asked a question there a few days ago and got obliterated by many. You would thin their parents would've taught them better, like seriously the maturity level over there is that of a 14-16 yr old. Heck my 12yr old sister is more mature than 95% of the posters there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    AC is much more civil compared to XDA imho. Ask the wrong question there and you can/will be flamed.
    Xda takes a massive dump on ac in terms of useful ROM information and their app reviews as well as the apps and games forum

Ac takes a dump on Xda in terms of friendliness and just the overall feel of the form

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Clark44 - FreeGS3 3.0

Can I have a link to the Goodness 8.03 ROM? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

UPDATE: Nevermind... found it !

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Xda takes a massive dump on ac in terms of useful ROM information and their app reviews as well as the apps and games forum

Ac takes a dump on Xda in terms of friendliness and just the overall feel of the form

Couldn't agree more.

I tried many roms and the best one I have used so far is the wicked sensations rom.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?

This is my first post on AC. I am completely new to rooting and flashing. I don't see the big deal in asking for what someone thinks is the best, most stable rom out there. It really gives noobs like me something to think about lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast