Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Yes another newbie rooting question... sorry..

I have been reading a lot. Jumping from thread to thread and site to site and I am not sure what is the latest/greatest rooting method?
    Is this the one to use? [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

Also I want to root primarily to create a hotspot/tether my laptop. Seems like this is what I need after rooting above? Or is there more do be done?
    Also how is this *.apk loaded or run? There's just the link to the download?

And yes, I have a Sprint Galaxy S3

Default Re: Yes another newbie rooting question... sorry..

That is the guide I used and it worked great for me. But I read it over several times. Just make sure you take you time and follow it step by step when rooting and you should be fine. Ask for using a apk load I'm not sure I like to run either rooted stock or Wicked Sensations jelly bean rom awesome.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the advice. I have read it quite a few times. Enough that I'm pretty sure I understand what each step is actually doing so I'm not just following like a robot.

I'd like to stay with the rooted stock ROM. Can I do that and get wifi hotspot working?

I believe so but some of the other guys would know better then me

Yes, follow skunkape's directions carefully, and you'll be able to safely root and keep the stock ROM. That's the configuration I have now. If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading that entire thread, and not just the instructions in the first post. You'll see what mistakes other people made, and be able to avoid them.

Then read this thread for tethering: WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

In that thread download "Sprint GS3 Installation Kit" then here's an actual video of the step by step process: