1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Question PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) !!

Just dropped today! I didn't wanna really ask in the XDA thread so I'll ask here lol.... I found 2 different ones:

Scared to ask on XDA, but are these 2 essentially the same exact ROM except one being source built (official one) and the other being a port from Verizon? Like do these 2 ROMs have the same features and what-not or do they each have their own little twist? Confused as to why there is 2 of the same one and I don't know which one to flash!

Default Re: PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) !!

Let us know if your SD card splits in two if you flash it like 4.2 did on my nexus 7 and several other nexus 7 devices

It splits it into SD card and sdcard 0

Sent from an orange potato......no, really
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) !!-uploadfromtaptalk1360547296133.jpg   PACman v19.9 (Android 4.2.1) !!-uploadfromtaptalk1360547305506.jpg  
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Let us know if your SD card splits in two if you flash it like 4.2 did on my nexus 7 and several other nexus 7 devices

WTF, that is sketchy as hell lol. I will let you know, but I need my questions answered in the OP first!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    WTF, that is sketchy as hell lol. I will let you know, but I need my questions answered in the OP first!
    Yea, I believe the clockwork mod guy said he fixed it but not sure

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Its safest to go with the official one

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Its safest to go with the official one

Safest meaning...?? And like I said, are their really any differences between the two feature wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Safest meaning...?? And like I said, are their really any differences between the two feature wise?
    If it's built officially for the sprint version, it's safe to think it would work better and be more stable because it was actually built for the phone

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

If it's built officially for the sprint version, it's safe to think it would work better and be more stable because it was actually built for the phone

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger
    Well I hope you're right. Gonna flash that one right now. The other one seems more stable though as this one is still in beta now according to the OP.

Also do you know the answer to my question in the OP.. Are these 2 basically the same exact ROMs or do they have differences?

The one person made a port because there wasn't any support for the other one. And almost at the same time the original got official support. Papa smurf explained this all in the original thread I believe yesterday. I would just do with official because it is source built and not a port. Less likely to have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GiantJay; 02-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Running it right now and so far it seems fine
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

I still can't decide between Goodness and the latest PACman! Damn me and my indecisiveness...

Going to flash as soon as the 4.2.2 build is up, miss changing the app dpi's

This is do to multi user support in 4.2+ ROMs.

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post

That's why I doubt I'll ever load 4.2. It's freaking a phone. There is no reason for multi-user support. I personally think Google is taking the wrong path here.

They need to stop with the stupid gimmicks and give us something useful. I don't know a single person who would want or use that feature. Lately it seems they are just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post

Yea I know, learned about it when it happened to my nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    That's why I doubt I'll ever load 4.2. It's freaking a phone. There is no reason for multi-user support. I personally think Google is taking the wrong path here.

They need to stop with the stupid gimmicks and give us something useful. I don't know a single person who would want or use that feature. Lately it seems they are just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.
    I'm concerned about it simply because most of the sdcard 0 cases are from those who go from 4.2 back to 4.1, so if I wanted to go back, I could face problems

Downloaded it just incase I get the urge to flash

Does the nav key color still reset when you reboot or your UI crashes?