Bricked S3, can't get Odin to flash anything
Hi. I may be freaking out here a little bit. I just tried to root my Sprint S3 using Odin, and now it's stuck, I can get back to the Odin Downloading screen, but it won't let me flash anything over. Just keeps failing. I don't care if I lose everything, I need this back up asap. I don't care if it never gets rooted, I just need my phone for work.
(was just hoping to get wifi for my tablet while I'm out in the field...)
Is there something special that needs to be done to root a Sprint GS3? Most all the help I see is for the Verizon model.
- 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM #2
Re: Bricked S3, can't get Odin to flash anything
As for the USB ports, I've tried several. Haven't tried rebooting yet though, I'll do that in a few. Currently downloading the stock Samsung UI off their site. I accidentally ran a Verizon copy and I don't know what it wiped before failing, so I'm going to flash to the stock then try to root again I guess. Does it require having USB debugging turned on? Because I think I forgot to do that.
- 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM #4
- 02-11-2013, 09:08 PM #6
- 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM #8
Re: Bricked S3, can't get Odin to flash anythingBROKE MY WRIST AND TYPING ONE-HANDED! Please forgive all typos.
PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
Give a person an answer, and you've solved one problem. Teach a person to search, and you have helped them solve problems forever.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By jeffreii in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 18Last Post: 09-16-2013, 05:31 AM
- By CXSol91 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 42Last Post: 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM
- By trigun123478 in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2012, 02:06 AM
- By Real in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
- By in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM