Sprint Galaxy S3: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

I agree. After being a chronic flashaholic with so many different ROMs, I have finally settled into this one and plan to run with it for a long time. It's so smooth and the battery is the best that I have experienced amongst all the ROMs I've tried. Of course the customization with the Aroma installer is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

I agree. After being a chronic flashaholic with so many different ROMs, I have finally settled into this one and plan to run with it for a long time. It's so smooth and the battery is the best that I have experienced amongst all the ROMs I've tried. Of course the customization with the Aroma installer is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710

I've been putting off this ROM for a LONG time, until I finally dove in this past friday. This is the most customizable out of all the ROMS I've tried. Now I get my love of AOSP looks (except for the settings menu, but no big deal) with touchwiz features. Battery Life is INSANELY great, a little bit more than i've gotten with FreeGS3 (another great ROM to try). Can't be happier. :D

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

There is about to be a update to MA6 that is going to be very significant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I've been putting off this ROM for a LONG time, until I finally dove in this past friday. This is the most customizable out of all the ROMS I've tried. Now I get my love of AOSP looks (except for the settings menu, but no big deal) with touchwiz features. Battery Life is INSANELY great, a little bit more than i've gotten with FreeGS3 (another great ROM to try). Can't be happier. :D

You're absolutely right. The customization with the installer is awesome. I love being able to make the UI exactly the way I want it. I feel like being in a candy store. Lol.

And the battery is insanely good. Most ROMs that I've tried have great battery life. However this one, in my experience, blows all of all of them out of the water. Like I said, I'll used to go from ROM to ROM, but now I'll be sticking with this one for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

There is about to be a update to MA6 that is going to be very significant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for keeping people in the know. I also follow their thread on XDA and look forward to every update and development. Team Noobz kicks a$$.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

88five-oh

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I know people are saying the battery life is awesome, but is it "awesome" for a custom rom or "awesome" in regards to the stock rom? I've flashed tons and tons of roms on the different phones I've had and only a few have actually had better battery life than stock, so I'm curious because I've been resisting installing custom roms on my gs3 because of how much I enjoy the battery life.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Been running MOAR v2.2 for a few days and like it a lot. Very smooth. But I've noticed that when I'm using wifi, it scans for new wifi signals every 5 seconds. I'm signed into my own network and the the "notify me when an open network is available" option is turned off. I'm running the stock kernel.
Anyone else have this happening?

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Been running MOAR v2.2 for a few days and like it a lot. Very smooth. But I've noticed that when I'm using wifi, it scans for new wifi signals every 5 seconds. I'm signed into my own network and the the "notify me when an open network is available" option is turned off. I'm running the stock kernel.
Anyone else have this happening?

Sounds like an issue with your Wifi connection. See if it persists after a couple of days. Don't think it's an issue with the rom.

Mattlport

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Freeze Sprint Connection Optimizer in mobile setting with Titanium to stop wifi scanning perhaps.

SG3 conceal carry permit

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Anyone not sure what I originally meant, try it before commenting.
Turn on the phones wifi somewhere you'll be logged in to a nearby router. (home, work, cafe, etc)
Open your wifi settings screen, (where it shows all available networks).
Watch it scan for new networks every 5 seconds, even though you're already connected.

Found out it's normal. It constantly refreshes the networks when you have that window open, so you always have the most up-to-date networks available. Supposedly once you close the "available networks" screen, it scans at a much longer interval as predefined by the os.

Edit- Just wanted to be clear. This is not a rom specific thing. Most won't catch it, but it happens on most android phones. One of those things that you only see if you're looking for it. I only noticed it by chance.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance