Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Sprint Galaxy S3: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

An amazing rom. My new daily driver.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-27-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    GiantJay likes this.

Default Re: Anybody try the M.O.A.R.?

Yep I totally agree.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. After being a chronic flashaholic with so many different ROMs, I have finally settled into this one and plan to run with it for a long time. It's so smooth and the battery is the best that I have experienced amongst all the ROMs I've tried. Of course the customization with the Aroma installer is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by 42rj21 View Post
    I agree. After being a chronic flashaholic with so many different ROMs, I have finally settled into this one and plan to run with it for a long time. It's so smooth and the battery is the best that I have experienced amongst all the ROMs I've tried. Of course the customization with the Aroma installer is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    I've been putting off this ROM for a LONG time, until I finally dove in this past friday. This is the most customizable out of all the ROMS I've tried. Now I get my love of AOSP looks (except for the settings menu, but no big deal) with touchwiz features. Battery Life is INSANELY great, a little bit more than i've gotten with FreeGS3 (another great ROM to try). Can't be happier.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

There is about to be a update to MA6 that is going to be very significant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    42rj21 

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Poison630 View Post
    I've been putting off this ROM for a LONG time, until I finally dove in this past friday. This is the most customizable out of all the ROMS I've tried. Now I get my love of AOSP looks (except for the settings menu, but no big deal) with touchwiz features. Battery Life is INSANELY great, a little bit more than i've gotten with FreeGS3 (another great ROM to try). Can't be happier.
    You're absolutely right. The customization with the installer is awesome. I love being able to make the UI exactly the way I want it. I feel like being in a candy store. Lol.

And the battery is insanely good. Most ROMs that I've tried have great battery life. However this one, in my experience, blows all of all of them out of the water. Like I said, I'll used to go from ROM to ROM, but now I'll be sticking with this one for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
    There is about to be a update to MA6 that is going to be very significant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for keeping people in the know. I also follow their thread on XDA and look forward to every update and development. Team Noobz kicks a$$.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

This has been updated to MA6.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    42rj21 

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I know people are saying the battery life is awesome, but is it "awesome" for a custom rom or "awesome" in regards to the stock rom? I've flashed tons and tons of roms on the different phones I've had and only a few have actually had better battery life than stock, so I'm curious because I've been resisting installing custom roms on my gs3 because of how much I enjoy the battery life.

Been running MOAR v2.2 for a few days and like it a lot. Very smooth. But I've noticed that when I'm using wifi, it scans for new wifi signals every 5 seconds. I'm signed into my own network and the the "notify me when an open network is available" option is turned off. I'm running the stock kernel.
    Anyone else have this happening?

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Duzit View Post
    Been running MOAR v2.2 for a few days and like it a lot. Very smooth. But I've noticed that when I'm using wifi, it scans for new wifi signals every 5 seconds. I'm signed into my own network and the the "notify me when an open network is available" option is turned off. I'm running the stock kernel.
    Anyone else have this happening?
    Sounds like an issue with your Wifi connection. See if it persists after a couple of days. Don't think it's an issue with the rom.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Freeze Sprint Connection Optimizer in mobile setting with Titanium to stop wifi scanning perhaps.

SG3 conceal carry permit

Anyone not sure what I originally meant, try it before commenting.
    Turn on the phones wifi somewhere you'll be logged in to a nearby router. (home, work, cafe, etc)
    Open your wifi settings screen, (where it shows all available networks).
    Watch it scan for new networks every 5 seconds, even though you're already connected.

Found out it's normal. It constantly refreshes the networks when you have that window open, so you always have the most up-to-date networks available. Supposedly once you close the "available networks" screen, it scans at a much longer interval as predefined by the os.

Edit- Just wanted to be clear. This is not a rom specific thing. Most won't catch it, but it happens on most android phones. One of those things that you only see if you're looking for it. I only noticed it by chance.
    Last edited by Ez Duzit; 03-09-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Why 40 blank lines before you explain that it isn't really a problem?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Why 40 blank lines before you explain that it isn't really a problem?
    Yeah, there was supposed to only be 39.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    ROM
    WTB

The rom is hot fire.

Sent from a place that lacks wires.
    Smile for me.

is there a version for i747 ATT? Can't seem to find one

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    is there a version for i747 ATT? Can't seem to find one
    No. It's only for the Sprint GS3. Look in the section for your specific phone for roms you can use.
    Thanked by:
    rong21 

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Duzit View Post
    No. It's only for the Sprint GS3. Look in the section for your specific phone for roms you can use.
    Found it. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    Found it. thanks
    Found what? Don't try to flash this ROM on your AT&T phone.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Found what? Don't try to flash this ROM on your AT&T phone.
    Found the XDA section of ROMS for i747. No intention of flashing a rom not intended for my phone I come to this section for info fully aware that someof the info won't apply or be safe for ATT phones.

Att Hacks and ROMS section is pretty dead right now

Just making sure. We've had a minor epidemic of people bricking phones by flashing the wrong ROMS, and I figured better to warm you needlessly than have you come back asking how to unbrick your phone.

Thanked by:

I've noticed the epidemic. I am careful, read and reread about the ROM and triplecheck the file name to make sure it includes datt2 in the name. I also cross my fingers before flashing

Only one panic episode. Jellybam v7.0 caused what I thought was a brixk because my screen remained dark after flashing. Wouldn't boot into recovery either. Removed the battery for a few minutes and it booted into recovery. Hope that's all the panic I experience.................

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.3

just fashed this rom earlier today. it is pretty amazing. one gripe/question though: Has anybody else had a random reboot issue and the ROM not loading back up? Its happened 3 times now, each time Ive had to wipe/reinstall the rom.
    Any thoughts?

Just flashed it. Wow, the customization is crazy. Quick question: Is there a way to mod after you select your theme?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast