1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need a good ROM

Ive been looking for a good AOKP rom but i cant seem to find one that works, if anyone knows of a great one that actually works please feel free to chime in

Default Re: Need a good ROM

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I did and i tried one of the AOKP ones but every time i hit the back button in the camera i get a blackbar across the top and im still in the app till i hit the back button again and that pisses me off. I get anal about that kind of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rwalther97 View Post
    I get anal about that kind of stuff
    Don't blame you. I think the only truly stable ROMs for the S3 are Touchwiz based ROMs.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Don't blame you. I think the only truly stable ROMs for the S3 are Touchwiz based ROMs.
    Exactly, im using CM10 now and its flawless but MMS doesnt work so then i went to 10.1 but the camera lagged and sucked so i went back. I just cant win!

PacMan rom is good, gives you the features of all the big 3

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Exactly, im using CM10 now and its flawless but MMS doesnt work so then i went to 10.1 but the camera lagged and sucked so i went back. I just cant win!
    MMS issue seems to be with all 4.2

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

CM 10.1 is in nightlies so of course its going to have issues. You have to wait for a stable build.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

. It's name says it all, this ROM is smooth as hell and has all the goodies of Android 4.2.2. MMS works perfectly. The ONLY thing it does not have is photosphere, idk if that matters to you but I highly recommend it!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I only have MMS problems on CM10. I never had any problems on 10.1 except for the camera being laggy and the battery being not so good but that is expected. I tried PAC-Man but I used V18 which I guess doesn't have paranoid settings. Maybe I'll try V19

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Pretty much. I used a couple different AOSP roms and there was always something wrong (Except Liquidsmooth). Touchwiz roms have been perfectly fine.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

I only have MMS problems on CM10. I never had any problems on 10.1 except for the camera being laggy and the battery being not so good but that is expected. I tried PAC-Man but I used V18 which I guess doesn't have paranoid settings. Maybe I'll try V19

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    As far as I kno and experienced, you have to apply those manually via apk, been like that for a while

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s3 running AOKP 4.2.2

No,you did not misread that