No OS - Help!

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay so this morning, I saw my phone was using over 9GB of the memory on my phone, and I decided i'd delete some of my old titanium backup files to free it up a little.
And yep I ended up deleting my whole phone files through file manager, I am amateur/stupid indeed.
So I thought, No problem, I have a backup that was just over a month old, maybe I can use that.
So I go into Team Win Recovery and I try to restore this backup.
It finishes in around 4 seconds, I thought, great! and It says it has no OS installed.
I immediately thought ' ' because I know there's no backups or anything to do with an OS in any of the files (Obviously because they've all been wiped).
Anyone have any idea how I can at least get my phone to run?
I can open Odin Mode (Power, Down, Home)
And Team Win Recovery Project (Power, up, Home)
But I really do lack knowledge in this area.
I used to have Cyanogenmod nightly builds installed and updated them weekly.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I can currently think of, is finding a way to put a ROM onto my Micro SD through the computer, then putting it into the phone and opening it through that in Team Win Recovery?
But I don't have any way to connect my Micro SD to the computer currently.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
in twrp, you can mount the sd card, just hit mount than mount usb storage. And connect ur s3 to ur pc with the usb cable, and transfer the room over

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
in twrp, you can mount the sd card, just hit mount than mount usb storage. And connect ur s3 to ur pc with the usb cable, and transfer the room over

Do you know where I can get a Samsung Galaxy S3 Standard or custom ROM from? Download link preferably?
And which file do I select in TWRP To open it? I presume it's under 'Install' and then I have to locate it?

bmdiz

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I can currently think of, is finding a way to put a ROM onto my Micro SD through the computer, then putting it into the phone and opening it through that in Team Win Recovery?
But I don't have any way to connect my Micro SD to the computer currently.

I would consider flashing back to stock unrooted then go back a re-root and flash ROM. Did you do a stock recovery backup? Did you use the cloud to store your Titanium Backup? These are just some suggestions. May not be a cure all. Hope some of this helps.

I just recently had a bad flash and had to unroot back to stock. Lost almost everything except pics and contacts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It may seem stupid,
But what do I select to flash the ROM in TWRP?
Install > External SD > Then what? Because it just goes into folders, doesn't select anything.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It may seem stupid,
But what do I select to flash the ROM in TWRP?
Install > External SD > Then what? Because it just goes into folders, doesn't select anything.

Navigate to the file you want to flash press on it towards the left side of the file name. it will take you to a flash screen and at the bottom there is a swipe to flash. touch the arrow and slide it to the right.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Navigate to the file you want to flash press on it towards the left side of the file name. it will take you to a flash screen and at the bottom there is a swipe to flash. touch the arrow and slide it to the right.
What time of file is it that I need to flash? a .md5? or something else? I don't even know what I'm looking for!

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
What time of file is it that I need to flash? a .md5? or something else? I don't even know what I'm looking for!

Did you copy a ROM to your phone? If you put the ROM in a folder, you have to navigate to that folder. ROM's that you flash are usually (if not always) .zip files.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I just put a SGS3JBStock on micro SD the contents of which has a .md5 and a .dll and an Odin3_v3.07_SGSIII folder.
But I can't open any of them through TWRP?
I tried changing the folder to a .zip but It just said failed when I tried to flash it?
Someone needs to give me a download link, of something I can put on MicroSD and then flash through TWRP preferably if possible!

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
TWRP Wants a .ZIP file to flash, but all the download links i've found don't give any .zip files, and when I compress the folders myself into .zip (with the contents tar.md5 etc) it says failed!
Really need someone's help.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Why are you on a SPRINT forum asking for help? The methods may be the same, but the ROMs will brick your phone if you try to flash the wrong carrier.:confused:

What he said. when you're talking about rooting, the exact device and carrier is critical. ALWAYS be specific when asking questions about rooting. A Sprint GS3 is not identical to an AT&T version, which is not the same as an EE version, etc. If I hadn't asked, and you had simply flashed one the ROM and modem I pointed you to, you would now have a very expensive door stop.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I see, but, no-one replies on the British forums, so could someone point me to a link to an Orange/T-Mobile/EE (all the same) Stock SG3 ROM?
And tell me which file to flash through Clockworkmod?

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I see, but, no-one replies on the British forums, so could someone point me to a link to an Orange/T-Mobile/EE (all the same) Stock SG3 ROM?
And tell me which file to flash through Clockworkmod?

You would be much better off asking for help on this forum. You need to supply all pertinent information so you can get the right help. I am curious how you when when custom recovery TWRP to now using Clockworkmod. I don't believe CWM has the ability to flash a rom from the extSdCard like TWRP does. Also a recommendation: Try using Google to search for you answers.

aaronallix

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You would be much better off asking for help on this forum. You need to supply all pertinent information so you can get the right help. I am curious how you when when custom recovery TWRP to now using Clockworkmod. I don't believe CWM has the ability to flash a rom from the extSdCard like TWRP does. Also a recommendation: Try using Google to search for you answers.
I obviously did use google that's how I came across this forums, haha. and yeah I was using TWRP But I flashed CWM to see if it would work better.
I've fixed my phone now anyway, thread can be locked/deleted.