help!!!!!! Hard Bricked!

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
OK, BADDDD rookie mistake may have cost me my Sprint GS3. I downloaded the wrong kernel!!!!! Now, NOTHING!!! wont come on...D E A D !
ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE????
i was running Wicked Sensations ROM (awesome!!!!) and downloaded an AOKP kernel...why you ask??? STUPID DECISION MAKING!!!!
P L E A S E H E L P

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you boot into recovery or download mode?

If you can get into recovery, you should be able to flash a good kernel ROM combination. The files in post #2, here will get you back to stock rooted.

If you can boot into download mode, then these directions will get you back to stock rooted LJ7, and you can update from there.

If you can't boot into either recovery or download, then your only option may be a jtag unbrick service

But the kernel and the ROM are pretty much independent, AFAIK. I don't think an AOKP kernel combined with a TW ROM would brick a phone. (I don't claim perfect knowledge here, though, and could be wrong.) Is it possible the Kernel you flashed was for something other than a Sprint phone? Flashing ROMs, modems or kernels across brands is a definite no-no. What kernel and ROM did you flash?

JaTay

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I was running Wicked Sensation ROM.....but, flashed an AOKP kernel....#5 maybe? It was in the downloaded ROM mgr. part of the ROM. USUALLY, if im in that "area", its 9 times outta 10, for my S3...WRONG this time! No, no power...no download mode......

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, there's a reason some people call it ROM mangler. It doesn't seem to be very good at ensuring the files it lists are actually for your device. I only download from trusted sources.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there's a reason some people call it ROM mangler. It doesn't seem to be very good at ensuring the files it lists are actually for your device. I only download from trusted sources.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

That is why I don't even keep a ROM manager on my phone. I think its better to manage it myself.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 its really easy to flash anything on this phone and that way you know you've downloaded the proper file for your phone model

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The OPs phone was toast. Either he followed up on the recommendation to use a JTAG service, or he bought himself a new phone. There's no software fix for what he did. If the rest of this post prevents one more person from letting Rom Manager brick his or her phone, too, it's provided a useful service.

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
soo... thank god I read this thread. I was about to download rom manager to get the cyanogen nightlies. But I never really trusted it because on my old phone doing anything on rom manager would brick it. So now I'm definitely sketched about it. Where should I get cyanogenmod then? Also, I'd like to give my condolences to OP. Sorry :(

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I realized I'm rather ignorant. I didn't know Cyanogenmod hosted the files on their own website.
OP, I hope eldub1's little method works for you. It's gotta be rough.

Jonathan Nana

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i have get the same problem since last saturday. i flash sultan kernel on galaxy exhilarate running cyanogen11. I found any solution. but i'm still searching.

VampireSmith

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
well with me samsung galaxy s4 i tried to flash a recovery and i did the wrong one aparently and i hard bricked it....
could i ask what could i do?