M.O.A.R. (Mother Of All ROMS) updated to version 5.01

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: M.O.A.R. (Mother Of All ROMS) updated to version 4.0!

There's already a thread on this ROM, should've posted there instead of making a whole new thread for it lol. The ambassador should know better!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I did it deliberately. As an ambassodor, and a moderator on some other forums, I know that people tend to ignore old threads after a while. The title of that thread doesn't indicate there's anything new and I wanted to make sure the word got out, thank you.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

There's already a thread on this ROM, should've posted there instead of making a whole new thread for it lol. The ambassador should know better!
Just say thank you. And thank you sir for the update.

42rj21

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I've been running it lately. So far, so good.

Sent from my SPH-L710

jeppuda

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I flashed this ROM today and thankfully everything went well. I'd like to change some things around like the guy does in this video at 3:55 (he said re-running aroma installer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBb17TM0SJ8

To do this, would I reflash the moar rom like I did the first time? Would I need to clear chache and wipe data again, or would it not matter because I am staying with the same ROM?
Thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

reflash MOAR, but then choose the option to run morphology only. You don't need to clear cache and data again.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this softbricked my phone this morning. I just flashed Meyer's MD4 update a couple weeks ago with no issues. But this looked too tempting to pass up, mmmmmm customization.

I downloaded from the link above, cleared caches, and flashed. No factory reset. Could that have been it? I hate losing all my data, and I haven't found a good way to restore all outside of CWM. And thus negating the recent flash.

Any help would be awesome, thanks guys!

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

That may have been the problem. You should always clear data before flashing a new rom. As far as not losing data, try ROM toolbox from the play store. I have the paid version and it let's you backup all your contacts, call logs, texts, apps, and a bunch of other stuff.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I've flashed it as a dirty flash, without clearing data and factory reset. In fact, I dirty flashed MD4, MOAR 3.0, and MOAR 4.01 without any issues. But sometimes that just doesn't work

Did you create a Nandroid before flashing MOAR? If so, you can restore back to MD4. I would try downloading the zip file again. It's possible the download wasn't clean.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I've flashed it as a dirty flash, without clearing data and factory reset. In fact, I dirty flashed MD4, MOAR 3.0, and MOAR 4.01 without any issues. But sometimes that just doesn't work

Did you create a Nandroid before flashing MOAR? If so, you can restore back to MD4. I would try downloading the zip file again. It's possible the download wasn't clean.

Yes I did do a full nandroid backup, thankfully! All back to the way it was. But I'll try and download it again, and since I already have it, I'll just try a full wipey.

And after playing around last night, i found out that Titanium does full data restores as well. So I'll try to restore that after flashing, and report back.

Thanks again!

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

So roughly 12 hours later I've rocked it! Seems like I HAD to do a full wipe, i redownloaded like you said, and verified the checksum this time. But it still softbricked the 1st time(no wipe, just cleared caches) but then I did it the right way and now it works great!! This rom runs really smooth and has more tweakable options than I've ever seen in anything before. Too sweet!! Make sure to download the extra transitions zip file, makes it even cooler.

**FYI** sync contacts to google account through device first! Titanium doesn't back these up for some reason, and my phone hasn't synced since March? so now I'm kinda screwed. And your messages too, if you want them. But titanium will back up, and restore everything EXCEPT CONTACTS! not sure why, but it's really stupid.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Make a new nandroid, then restore the original one, sync your contacts to google, restore the new nandroid, and resync contacts, and you should be able to get them back.

Anthony Ibeatherpes

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, I am super new to all this modding stuff, but went and took the leap to flash MOAR 4.0 on my Sprint S3. From what I can tell, everything is working awesome. Customization is ridiculously awesome. I didn't run morphology only because it wasn't loading up, but rather the option with Morphology. Had to clear cache,Dalvik and factory reset, but first Nandroid backup. Saved all my info externally as well. But the mod is super smooth for me. Thanks to Romnit and Team n00bz and all the others for making this beast of a Rom :)

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Make a new nandroid, then restore the original one, sync your contacts to google, restore the new nandroid, and resync contacts, and you should be able to get them back.

BRILLIANT!! (whatever happened to those guiness commercials?) I'm surprised I didn't think of this, but after an hour I'll let you know if it doesn't work. But this rom is awesome!! Throw the Roundr app on top of it and it looks even better!

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I screwed up, I changed the name of the folder, only the external folder i didn't touch any files. But i changed the name of the backup folder containing the files to make it easier to find and keep track of, but now it fails the MD5 checksum. It was named by CWM in their ridiculous dating schema. And I'm screwed huh? I remember the incorrect date CWM gave it, but not the time, so I can't recreate the checksum exactly. Is there anyway to make it the correct time and date in CWM?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Sorry, I don't use CWM, so I don't know. Is there an option in CWM to skip the MD5 check?

BTW, I had never seen the RoundR app. A completely silly, trivial app, but I have to admit it's pretty neat!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay