Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M.O.A.R. (Mother Of All ROMS) updated to version 5.01

Same link. The ROM has been completely re-built, and offers more customizability than ever.

[ROM] [MOAR] [MD4] MultiMod / Morphology / MultiWindow / Hold On Tight! [04.28.13] - xda-developers

I had been running on version 4.0,1 but recently updated to 5.01 and, if anything, it's even smoother than 5.01 was.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Default Re: M.O.A.R. (Mother Of All ROMS) updated to version 4.0!

There's already a thread on this ROM, should've posted there instead of making a whole new thread for it lol. The ambassador should know better!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did it deliberately. As an ambassodor, and a moderator on some other forums, I know that people tend to ignore old threads after a while. The title of that thread doesn't indicate there's anything new and I wanted to make sure the word got out, thank you.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:
    jhill110 and Super Dave426 like this.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

I will be installing tonight.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    There's already a thread on this ROM, should've posted there instead of making a whole new thread for it lol. The ambassador should know better!
    Just say thank you. And thank you sir for the update.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Downloading right now. Love this Rom
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

I've been running it lately. So far, so good.

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Thanked by:

I flashed this ROM today and thankfully everything went well. I'd like to change some things around like the guy does in this video at 3:55 (he said re-running aroma installer)

To do this, would I reflash the moar rom like I did the first time? Would I need to clear chache and wipe data again, or would it not matter because I am staying with the same ROM?
    Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

reflash MOAR, but then choose the option to run morphology only. You don't need to clear cache and data again.

Thanked by:

So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this softbricked my phone this morning. I just flashed Meyer's MD4 update a couple weeks ago with no issues. But this looked too tempting to pass up, mmmmmm customization.

I downloaded from the link above, cleared caches, and flashed. No factory reset. Could that have been it? I hate losing all my data, and I haven't found a good way to restore all outside of CWM. And thus negating the recent flash.

Any help would be awesome, thanks guys!

That may have been the problem. You should always clear data before flashing a new rom. As far as not losing data, try ROM toolbox from the play store. I have the paid version and it let's you backup all your contacts, call logs, texts, apps, and a bunch of other stuff.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I've flashed it as a dirty flash, without clearing data and factory reset. In fact, I dirty flashed MD4, MOAR 3.0, and MOAR 4.01 without any issues. But sometimes that just doesn't work

Did you create a Nandroid before flashing MOAR? If so, you can restore back to MD4. I would try downloading the zip file again. It's possible the download wasn't clean.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've flashed it as a dirty flash, without clearing data and factory reset. In fact, I dirty flashed MD4, MOAR 3.0, and MOAR 4.01 without any issues. But sometimes that just doesn't work

Did you create a Nandroid before flashing MOAR? If so, you can restore back to MD4. I would try downloading the zip file again. It's possible the download wasn't clean.
    Yes I did do a full nandroid backup, thankfully! All back to the way it was. But I'll try and download it again, and since I already have it, I'll just try a full wipey.

And after playing around last night, i found out that Titanium does full data restores as well. So I'll try to restore that after flashing, and report back.

Thanks again!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

If you haven't seen this, here's the recommended way to restore everything after installing a ROM: Titanium Backup User's Guide | Titanium Track

Thanked by:

So roughly 12 hours later I've rocked it! Seems like I HAD to do a full wipe, i redownloaded like you said, and verified the checksum this time. But it still softbricked the 1st time(no wipe, just cleared caches) but then I did it the right way and now it works great!! This rom runs really smooth and has more tweakable options than I've ever seen in anything before. Too sweet!! Make sure to download the extra transitions zip file, makes it even cooler.

**FYI** sync contacts to google account through device first! Titanium doesn't back these up for some reason, and my phone hasn't synced since March? so now I'm kinda screwed. And your messages too, if you want them. But titanium will back up, and restore everything EXCEPT CONTACTS! not sure why, but it's really stupid.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Make a new nandroid, then restore the original one, sync your contacts to google, restore the new nandroid, and resync contacts, and you should be able to get them back.

Thanked by:

Hey guys, I am super new to all this modding stuff, but went and took the leap to flash MOAR 4.0 on my Sprint S3. From what I can tell, everything is working awesome. Customization is ridiculously awesome. I didn't run morphology only because it wasn't loading up, but rather the option with Morphology. Had to clear cache,Dalvik and factory reset, but first Nandroid backup. Saved all my info externally as well. But the mod is super smooth for me. Thanks to Romnit and Team n00bz and all the others for making this beast of a Rom

Make a new nandroid, then restore the original one, sync your contacts to google, restore the new nandroid, and resync contacts, and you should be able to get them back.
    BRILLIANT!! (whatever happened to those guiness commercials?) I'm surprised I didn't think of this, but after an hour I'll let you know if it doesn't work. But this rom is awesome!! Throw the Roundr app on top of it and it looks even better!

I screwed up, I changed the name of the folder, only the external folder i didn't touch any files. But i changed the name of the backup folder containing the files to make it easier to find and keep track of, but now it fails the MD5 checksum. It was named by CWM in their ridiculous dating schema. And I'm screwed huh? I remember the incorrect date CWM gave it, but not the time, so I can't recreate the checksum exactly. Is there anyway to make it the correct time and date in CWM?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Sorry, I don't use CWM, so I don't know. Is there an option in CWM to skip the MD5 check?

BTW, I had never seen the RoundR app. A completely silly, trivial app, but I have to admit it's pretty neat!

Thanked by:

No, there isn't an option that I could find anywhere. But it's only the last 2 months worth of new contacts, and I don't even work there anymore so if I can't remember the numbers, i don't need them apparently, so it's not that big of a deal.

But thanks for your help and replies! Can't wait for the next big thing you guys put out there for us!!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Glad to help, but I can't take any credit for the "big thing." When it comes to ROMs, I'm just a consumer like you.

Just a quick chime in on this thread...Great Rom just having screen rotating issues now. Any ideas? Ive seen on other sites that I should flash a different kernel with it, any thoughts about this and the kernel that would be needed.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I use the modded stock kernel that ships with the ROM and can be installed with the Aroma installer. I haven't had any rotation issues. What kind of problem(s) are you having?

Default Re: M.O.A.R. (Mother Of All ROMS) updated to version 5.01

Hey thanks for responding...Basically the screen was rotating the wrong way when viewing youtube or taking video shoots...but i installed a different kernel and now it works fine just that the battery length is affected now smh...I'm thinking maybe the kernel uses alot of power..not sure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast