Can someone help me get the wifi-tether workinf on my GS3?

mikebyke

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys I have a GS3 sprint SPH-L710 / Android V. 4.1.2
Its rooted with stock rom and I have followed most instructions on the forums and no luck. I have installed SuperSu and nothing.
The App starts and download and upload but cant find the network on my laptop. I have being trying to get this thing going for a while and no luck.
Actualy the only reason I rooted my phone was for the wifi tether and cant get it to work.
Any Ideas or instructions will be greatly apreciated, thanks in advanced
Note: Have tried like three different versions of the Trev-E apk. and none work for me.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Over on xda there's also a mod to use the stock sprint hotspot on odex or deodex

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mikebyke

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys here is what i got:
I got it to work with 3.2 beta-modv5 ***Synergized*** and this is why I couldnt get it before. I found a trick at least with my laptop I had to (disable/enable) the wireless card in order to see it listed under wireless networks. I had tried different versions but now cant tell which ones work or not. Now gonna try it with (wifi_tether_v3_3-pre2.apk) to see if that works. By the way "mcasas" it would be nice to get the sprint hotspot working I think it will work best but according to my search on XDA forums noone has goten it to work on GS3 not even on custom roms, but than again maybe I looked at an outdated thread so if you have a link to the one you found will be greatly apreciated.
Thaks to all of you guys for your input and to all replies.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys here is what i got:
I got it to work with 3.2 beta-modv5 ***Synergized*** and this is why I couldnt get it before. I found a trick at least with my laptop I had to (disable/enable) the wireless card in order to see it listed under wireless networks. I had tried different versions but now cant tell which ones work or not. Now gonna try it with (wifi_tether_v3_3-pre2.apk) to see if that works. By the way "mcasas" it would be nice to get the sprint hotspot working I think it will work best but according to my search on XDA forums noone has goten it to work on GS3 not even on custom roms, but than again maybe I looked at an outdated thread so if you have a link to the one you found will be greatly apreciated.
Thaks to all of you guys for your input and to all replies.

My Laptop wasn't seeing it either, but the only trick I did was rename the SSID from "Androidtether" to "Android" and with the other settings I mentioned in the other thread, it right away popped up. I am on Airave in the house, but I turned off wifi on my phone and went with 3G, disconnected my laptop wireless connection that is my normal home setup and connected to "Android" after it showed up.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The latest version of MOAR has the native hotspot working from what I can tell. They changed the name on the app icon to nOObz hotspot but I think it's actually the normal one that comes built in. The toggle in the quick panel works too.
[ROM] [MOAR] [MD4] MultiMod / Morphology / MultiWindow / WhamBam! [04.30.13] - xda-developers

Yeah, thats the native hotspot. They are about all including it in the newer ROM updates.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante