Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default does restoring original galaxy s3 rom using clockwork removes apps?

I am trying to restore my original stock rom on my sprint galaxy s3 using the backup I made with clockwork but can't remeber if it removes my apps....any ideal?

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: does restoring original galaxy s3 rom using clockwork removes apps?

Quote Originally Posted by thatboyknate View Post
    I am trying to restore my original stock rom on my sprint galaxy s3 using the backup I made with clockwork but can't remeber if it removes my apps....any ideal?
    Welcome to the forums!

I have not had the need to do a restore from a Nandroid. I would guess that yes, it would wipe all apps, and data. My line of thinking is thus: For it to be a true backup and recovery method, wiping everything down to the bare files for the ROM is the best place to start from scratch.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

That, and if you were to download a stock ROM form the net, and install via ODIN, it would definitely wipe everything, unless it specifically said it preserved user data.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I have not had the need to do a restore from a Nandroid. I would guess that yes, it would wipe all apps, and data. My line of thinking is thus: For it to be a true backup and recovery method, wiping everything down to the bare files for the ROM is the best place to start from scratch.
    Try this easy method to return to stock with counter reset and status to normal.
    It's a single file method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1904099

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace
    Sent From The 3rd Galaxy Via Subspace

A nandroid backup is like a full disk image backup on a PC. It backs up everything on your device, exactly as it was at the moment of backup. So if you do a nandroid restore, it restores the phone to that exact state. If you had apps installed when you did the nandroid backup, it will restore those apps. Any apps you installed after the nandroid backup, and any new data saved since then, will be gone.

Note that doing a nandroid restore will not unroot your phone. You'll still be rooted, and have CWM recovery installed. You'll just be back to the ROM and data you had at the time of that backup.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Preciate the help.....my wife phone is trying to do a update but I can't do it until I'm back on stock. ...just don't won't to lose all of her candy crush saves....is it any way to save the apps to a pc?

Quote Originally Posted by thatboyknate View Post
    Preciate the help.....my wife phone is trying to do a update but I can't do it until I'm back on stock. ...just don't won't to lose all of her candy crush saves....is it any way to save the apps to a pc?
    Are you talking about 1 or 2 phones? If you just want to update to say MD4 follow meyers excellent thread on the matter.

Link below :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2730989

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace
    Sent From The 3rd Galaxy Via Subspace
    Thanked by:

If you're rooted, you can use Titanium Backup, from the Play store, to back up the app and it's data, then restore it later.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you're rooted, you can use Titanium Backup, from the Play store, to back up the app and it's data, then restore it later.
    That was my next question. ..don't know why I didn't think of that...thanks!