- 2 Posts
Sprint Data Usage Question
Hey this is probably a dumb question, but I'm rooted and my area recently got 4g finally. Anyway my wifi tethering is now faster than my home internet lol so I'm thinking about dropping the home internet and using wifi tethering entirely. Are there any negatives to this? Will sprint notice my increase in data usage? Does the 5gb data cap on hotspots apply? Thanks!
- 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 09-07-2013, 10:49 PM #3
Re: Sprint Data Usage Question
There are any number of users who have reported using lots of tethered data without problem. But Sprint's unlimited data plan does specifically exclude tethering, so Sprint could, at there option, start monitoring for this and cancelling accounts. You might want to look at their tethering plans. I'm not sure what, if any limits, Sprint places on those plans, but they're likely to be cheaper than your home internet access, without the risk of cancellation.BROKE MY WRIST AND TYPING ONE-HANDED! Please forgive all typos.
PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
Give a person an answer, and you've solved one problem. Teach a person to search, and you have helped them solve problems forever.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 09-08-2013, 11:15 PM #4
- 09-09-2013, 01:00 AM #6
- By swent1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2013, 11:24 PM
- By Bamm83 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 19Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
- By cjsmoove in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 20Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:56 PM
- By edwortgon in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 12:17 AM
- By scionized in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 12:00 AM