Update for Wicked Sensations?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there's a new version of WS coming out soon?
I'm having issues that have nothing to do with the ROM, and need to wipe it and start fresh. But it's kind of a hassle to get my stuff back the way I want it. If there's an update, or a new version in the works, I'll just wait it out

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there's a new version of WS coming out soon?
I'm having issues that have nothing to do with the ROM, and need to wipe it and start fresh. But it's kind of a hassle to get my stuff back the way I want it. If there's an update, or a new version in the works, I'll just wait it out

There may be an update later. Dazed is taking a break. Burned out after the google updates & working a lot of OT at his job. What kind of issues are you having?

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's just running real slow. After unlocking, the screen will go black for a solid 5 seconds, and it's just generally a little slow to respond. I'm not really sure why. I have friends with G3's, and theirs is pretty fast compared to mine.
I do have a lot of **** on mine,most of which I rarely use.
Might be a good time for me to try the red theme anyway. The blue is getting old.
As long as I can backup my next launcher and handsent messages, I'll be somewhat happy.
I don't want to use Titanium to back up and restore, because if the problem is with an app, I'll be back to square 1 after the install

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
You could use titanium and slowly reinstall the apps. That way it gives you a chance to see if it is an app. I do know there will be an update at some point, with a lil different blue. Just don't know when he will put it out. It is nice though. Have you cleared cache's and all that stuff?

The red is nice, up in smoke is cool also.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's just running real slow. After unlocking, the screen will go black for a solid 5 seconds, and it's just generally a little slow to respond. I'm not really sure why. I have friends with G3's, and theirs is pretty fast compared to mine.
I do have a lot of **** on mine,most of which I rarely use.
Might be a good time for me to try the red theme anyway. The blue is getting old.
As long as I can backup my next launcher and handsent messages, I'll be somewhat happy.
I don't want to use Titanium to back up and restore, because if the problem is with an app, I'll be back to square 1 after the install

Have you always had this problem with the ROM?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
He said, in his first post, that this isn't a ROM issue.

I did see that. But if it is issues that had nothing to do with the ROM, then why wonder if a new one is coming out?
Also, I was curious if the OP did a clean install of the ROM
Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I did see that. But if it is issues that had nothing to do with the ROM, then why wonder if a new one is coming out?
Also, I was curious if the OP did a clean install of the ROM
Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

He answered that, too:

But it's kind of a hassle to get my stuff back the way I want it. If there's an update, or a new version in the works, I'll just wait it out.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I thought I had made it clear it wasn't a ROM issue. Unless the ROM gets worn out over time, which as we all know, doesn't happen. I'm guessing it was either an app, or a combo of apps that were causing my issues. They just started a couple weeks ago. I clean installed the ROM months ago when the latest version came out. I'm a big fan of the WS ROM. Nothing but praises. Which is why I specifically stated it wasn't a rom issue.I'm a big fan of Dazed, and even bigger fan of Skunk, who was instrumental in teaching me about ROM'S in general.
It takes me days to get my **** back to the way I like it after a reinstall. THAT'S why I asked if there was an update coming out soon.

mash4077fan

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not think there will be an update anytime soon but I know what you mean with getting the phone back to normal. I use TB to restore all my apps and I use Nova launcher which allows me to back up my current set up so when I do a clean install it does not take that long at all. It usually takes me about an hour to get my phone back to the way it was. WS rom has to be one of the best roms I have used. Very stable