Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Hey guys, ended up flashing Cyanogenmod for the first time in a year due to some issues I had with Liquidsmooth, and to my surprise, this damn rom still apparantly doesn't give you an option to enable a navigation bar

    I'm pretty sure that I had heard months ago that this was added into the rom, but for whatever reason, I guess it's just not there for me

    When I first started using this rom a year ago, the only way to get a nav bar was by flashing some zip file that would enable it. Is that still how it works now or am I missing something in the settings that will allow the nav bar?

    Thanks in advance



    Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    18,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,479 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Hey guys, ended up flashing Cyanogenmod for the first time in a year due to some issues I had with Liquidsmooth, and to my surprise, this damn rom still apparantly doesn't give you an option to enable a navigation bar

    I'm pretty sure that I had heard months ago that this was added into the rom, but for whatever reason, I guess it's just not there for me

    When I first started using this rom a year ago, the only way to get a nav bar was by flashing some zip file that would enable it. Is that still how it works now or am I missing something in the settings that will allow the nav bar?

    Thanks in advance



    Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    I don't think you are missing anything. What you heard may have been for some type of s3, just not Sprint.

    Have you tried Slim?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I don't think you are missing anything. What you heard may have been for some type of s3, just not Sprint.

    Have you tried Slim?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    Oh ok, thanks, it probably was another carriers s3

    No I haven't tried slim yet, but I've heard about it, haven't checked the features yet, but I'll look into it. Loving the stability of cm at the moment

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    18,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,479 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Oh ok, thanks, it probably was another carriers s3

    No I haven't tried slim yet, but I've heard about it, haven't checked the features yet, but I'll look into it. Loving the stability of cm at the moment

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Glad you are liking CM. I tried flashing Liquid, and it would always hang on the boot up screen. 20+ minutes all 3 times I tried.

    Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    7,641 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,644 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    CM puts out some good devices. Though, don't limit yourself to just that ROM, as you'll never know what other ROMs can offer. The best thing about rooting is that you can backup your current ROM and restore it if you don't like others.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    CM puts out some good devices. Though, don't limit yourself to just that ROM, as you'll never know what other ROMs can offer. The best thing about rooting is that you can backup your current ROM and restore it if you don't like others.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea I know, I originally started out on cm just because it was so popular, but it wasn't stable for me back then, so I moved to paranoid android, pacman, liquid, and now I'm back cause liquid became unstable and I thought cm was on 4.3 but it wasn't

    But so far, 9 days and no crashes or reboots, on liquid I'd be lucky to make it a day without one

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  7. #7  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    18,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,479 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Yea I know, I originally started out on cm just because it was so popular, but it wasn't stable for me back then, so I moved to paranoid android, pacman, liquid, and now I'm back cause liquid became unstable and I thought cm was on 4.3 but it wasn't

    But so far, 9 days and no crashes or reboots, on liquid I'd be lucky to make it a day without one

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free
    Slim is on 4.3. Happened a few weeks ago. Surprising CM isn't on 4.3 yet...

    Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Slim is on 4.3. Happened a few weeks ago. Surprising CM isn't on 4.3 yet...

    Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    Yea, same thing I said

    Even on my nexus 7 it isn't on 4.3 which is super awkward

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Hey guys, ended up flashing Cyanogenmod for the first time in a year due to some issues I had with Liquidsmooth, and to my surprise, this damn rom still apparantly doesn't give you an option to enable a navigation bar

    I'm pretty sure that I had heard months ago that this was added into the rom, but for whatever reason, I guess it's just not there for me

    When I first started using this rom a year ago, the only way to get a nav bar was by flashing some zip file that would enable it. Is that still how it works now or am I missing something in the settings that will allow the nav bar?

    Thanks in advance



    Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die
    Root Explorer>System>Build.prop(long press and select Open in Text Editor> scroll to the bottom and add the following line to the text: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

    Reboot and voila...Nav Bar

    As for the softkeys...Menu>System Settings>Advanced>Sensors>Uncheck box Enable keys backlight"

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Sprint SGS3 - Cm10.3 navigation bar/soft keys?

    Quote Originally Posted by omarneg View Post
    Root Explorer>System>Build.prop(long press and select Open in Text Editor> scroll to the bottom and add the following line to the text: qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

    Reboot and voila...Nav Bar

    As for the softkeys...Menu>System Settings>Advanced>Sensors>Uncheck box Enable keys backlight"

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks! I'll try this if I need it in the future. Have actually become accustomed to having the extra screen real estate now, and used to the hardware buttons again as well, but thanks

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

    I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Similar Threads

  1. SGS3 - pages keep deleting
    By Monster BFC in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
  2. 4.3 for Sprint GS3 anyday now.
    By Cnorris92 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 08:55 PM
  4. SGS3 - Recording Phone conversations
    By bhabit in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
  5. Sprint wireless and data connection
    By melendrez512 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions