New to rooting a Sprint S3 and got questions

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and rooted my Sprint S3. Still running stock and with the tethering app. What would cause a few of my apps to not work? I have a few that have asked for Super User permission but not all have. I have QR Droid by DroidLa that was working before but not now. Tried a couple of others and none of them would work. Most everything that I have tried still works so IDK whats up as I am a newbie at this. TIA for any help and I will most likely be asking a lot of questions, some of them might seem to be dumb ones, as I learn and progress.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and rooted my Sprint S3. Still running stock and with the tethering app. What would cause a few of my apps to not work? I have a few that have asked for Super User permission but not all have. I have QR Droid by DroidLa that was working before but not now. Tried a couple of others and none of them would work. Most everything that I have tried still works so IDK whats up as I am a newbie at this. TIA for any help and I will most likely be asking a lot of questions, some of them might seem to be dumb ones, as I learn and progress.

Welcome to the forums and the world of rooting!
I would try to take the apps that are not working, uninstall and reinstall. I have encountered a couple apps that ask for root rights upon install, and that's it. If that doesn't work, email the developer. Let them know of the problem.
The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Golfdriver97. As I learn more about all this I am sure I will ask what some might consider dumb questions as I am new to this. Now if it pertains to plumbing, electrical, or general maintenance, I can help others on that..........

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I did. I had to uninstall and reinstall the QR reader as Golfdriver97 suggested. This is going to be a fun learning experience for me, hopefully I wont do anything to brick it........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89