Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S3 - Is there a master list of safe apps to delete?

I'm wanting to get my phone down to bare minimums. I want all of the bloatware either frozen or deleted. I'm sick of have 50+ apps running in the background. Has anyone ever compiled a list of what can absolutely be frozen with causing key apps or processes to stop working properly?

Global Posts
    22,092 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy S3 - Is there a master list of safe apps to delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    I'm wanting to get my phone down to bare minimums. I want all of the bloatware either frozen or deleted. I'm sick of have 50+ apps running in the background. Has anyone ever compiled a list of what can absolutely be frozen with causing key apps or processes to stop working properly?
    It's been a while since I ran a stock S3...Yahoo can be frozen. The Samsung apps can be frozen too, like Music hub and Game hub. That is about all I can rememeber.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hey Drummerboy1975...check out this thread. I've been fiddling with that list for the last couple of days. I generally err on the side of caution and freeze them first to see what happens then remove them over time. Some of them can obviously be immediately removed, like Yahoo, Google (Books, Videos, et al.).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Awesome Max,thank you. Now, how does one delete them for remove them for good? I'm new to all of this....

You can use an app like Titanium Backup or ROM Toolbox to either freeze (disable) or completely remove apps and system components. Don't forget to run a nandroid backup before you start tinkering. I've accidentally removed things before that have required a restore from backup.

Good luck and enjoy your GS3 free of bloatware.

Please, please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and freeze them, then wait at least a few weeks before deleting them. In truth, unless you find yourself running out of ROM storage, freezing them is probably all you need to do. Then you can easily change your mind in the future.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    jhill110 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Great info guys, thanks!