1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lousy connectivity to mobile network

My S3 was running MOAR v5 for a pretty long time and wanted to try the Carbon ROM with 4.3 Android, SuperSU said needed to update binaries so I did, after that the device just wouldn't connect to mobile network at all, only through wi-fi. I restored back to my backup on MOAR v5 and finally connected however wasn't that great as originally was. I'd need to toggle the wifi or airplane mode or even reboot just to get it to re-connect to the mobile network when it'd randomly disconnect.

I flashed MOAR v6 the other day -- tried to update PRL and profile, at first it failed because no connection but finally was able to update this morning, it still isn't that great connecting to the network. SMS still works ok, however emails, facebook, internet are very slow in updating..

Any advice what I can do to get this back to normal? Or if I could be directed to a specific thread that would assist, I'd appreciate your assistance.

Also, now I'm getting "system update to 4.3" notifications, I assumed this wouldn't happen in custom ROMs?

Default Re: lousy connectivity to mobile network

That's strange. A lot of people, including me, who aren't upgrading to 4.3 yet are flashing the MK3 modem (that comes with the 4.3 update) and getting better connectivity (both data and voice). I have read a about some having issues connecting after updating the modem and needing to into ##72786## to reset their data.

For the connectivity issue, a couple of things: Are you running the new MK3 modem? Many people have reported that it shows fewer bars for the same signal, but works just fine. You might also want to try entering ##scrtn# (##72786#) in the dialer. This will reprovision your phone on Sprint's network. It's normal for it to reboot a couple of times.

The update nitification, unfortunately, will happen on any device that doesn't report as already on MK3. You've got a couple of options to fix this. You can run the script linked in post 12290 of the MOAR thread: , but if you've made any changes to the build,prop file this may over-write them.

Alternately, you can just edit the build.prop file manually and change every occurrence of MD4 to MK3.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi - thanks for the advice to do the reprovision thing -- I've tried it and in some instances, connectivity has improved but still not as reliable as it used to be. No idea on how to do the build.prop thing so I assume the next option would be to flash the MK3 modem? This wouldn't screw up the MOAR v6 I currently am running..? Just want to double check before I do anything further., many thanks for your assistance!

I'm running the MK3 modem with MOAR 6.1. Works fine.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well, wow thanks for your boastful comment. If my S3 was working as wonderfully as yours, I wouldn't have posted this thread, now would I?? How about some helpful advice to assist with my issue?!?

I am running MOAR 6.1 with Fake MK3 and connectivity is not as reliable as I used to have before with MOAR v5. This is getting frustrating as the connection would just randomly drop even with lte and full bars, the internet, IG, facebook would state there is no connection. I guess I'll have to look for another modem to flash and see if it helps. I guess from the other posts, MD4 would be a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by lovebug170 View Post
    Well, wow thanks for your boastful comment. If my S3 was working as wonderfully as yours, I wouldn't have posted this thread, now would I?? How about some helpful advice to assist with my issue?!?

I am running MOAR 6.1 with Fake MK3 and connectivity is not as reliable as I used to have before with MOAR v5. This is getting frustrating as the connection would just randomly drop even with lte and full bars, the internet, IG, facebook would state there is no connection. I guess I'll have to look for another modem to flash and see if it helps. I guess from the other posts, MD4 would be a good choice?
    What boasting? You asked if running the MK3 modem with MOAR would cause problems. I told you I'm running that combination and it works fine. Grow up and lose the attitude.