Wifi Tether Treve Mod starts with error (4.3)

jm0311

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I cant get my wifi hotspot to work anymore..I have a sphL710 and i received the 4.3 ota update..it is on stock rom but rooted and it used to work using the treve mod..devs plz help as i used this for my job

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
If u are indeed rooted...i sugest downloading root check from play store and checking for sure.....if u are also download rom manager from play store use that to install a custom recovery called cwm after that down load the hotspot mod for sprint phones if that wat u have links to it can be found above i believe.....i recomend use a computer to download it and the place it on ur sd card in ur phone with the computer after u do that turn u phone off boot into recovery by pussing te volume up the home button and the power at the same time till phone boots navigate through cwm recovery using the volume keys and the power to select and install the hotspot mod from zip wen asked to reboot if u are it may ask to to fix root ...say no as it will not fix anything anyway....after the ohone boots it will do some up updates to the phone ....once done the native sprint hotspot should work.....thay wat i did to my phonebso should work on urs if u have sprint if not do not attempt this method as it could brick ur phone

Posted via Android Central App

dfjr13

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh and as long as u are using a completely stock rom only rooted u will want the odexed version

Posted via Android Central App

supeveryone

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone I have a galaxy note 2 sph l900 im trying to get this wifi tether app to work on my phone again and am having trouble. I feel like I downloaded a custom recovery but I dont know for sure. I rooted the phone using some guide for this particular model and it also came with a gudie for a custom rocovery however anytime I flash this hotspotmod it goes through an update I open up wifi tether app and I get this wifi tether has started with errors show log I try showing the logs and it says they dont exist im out of ideas here and this forum seems to be the most relevant out of the ones ive seen any,help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

supeveryone

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Also, I tried downloading the clockworks recovery mod but it says my device is not compatible. I tried flashing the odexed version since I used an auto rooter figured it was stock since it was the bare bones also another question while flashing any given zip file there are always these two options are these suppose.to be checked or exed one is zip file signal verification and force md5 check on all zips my main goal is to get.this wifi tether app working just like on my other phone all help is greatly appreciated

supeveryone

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay ive done some research and I read on some of.the threads people with my exact phone model ect downloaded something called mk4 deodex and I dont know much about factory wipes ect. I had busted my earlier note in accident which had the tether wifi app working it asked for an install to 4.3 still have all the files from that phone. Now the.new phone I just got about 2 weeks ago galaxy note 2 same model ect and.when they set.the phone up it was.given 4.3 now ive flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 with odin and.thats where I am at now so do you still recommend proceding with your post? Thanks very much for replying as well im somewhat new to this whole rooting custom recovery custom rom stuff so having someone who knows what theyre doing is a big help

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The mod I linked to in post #2 is the only one I know of that works with 4.3, although there may be others.

Make sure you do a nandroid backup in TWRP before you flash the mod, just in case something goes wrong.

supeveryone

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, be aware that I don't own a Note, have never owned a Note, and have no experience with rooting or flashing ROMs on Notes. I don't take any responsibility for anything that happens (good or bad) if you flash that ROM. I would ask this question in the Note2 forum here on AC to double check. I also didn't read through the entire thread you linked to see if anyone is having issues. I would suggest you do read the whole thread if you haven't already.

That said, it appears that is the correct ROM for your device, and the flashing procedure they provide sounds correct.

Kevin Lopez3

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I suspect that will need to be updated to work with 4.3. Try the hotspot mod instead: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MB1][MC3][MD4][MK3]Hotspot Mod - Working 4G - xda-developers

I updated my s3 two days ago to 4.3, after i had updated i realised that i had lost my root and could no longer tether. I re-rooted but i still can't wifi tether to work (it starts with errors), I uninstalled 3.2 and then installed 3.3 with hopes this would fix whatever the problem was but still got the same message, in addition to that i could no longer view the show log (says file does not exist). so re-installed 3.2 but i still cant access the show log. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you mean the odexed Hotspot mod, my guess is that it will, but I don't really know for sure. Worst case, I don't think it will hurt anything.

rssphoto

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
He guys been a long time since ive posted on here, and im at a loss...do i need to unzip the hotspot mod and put a certain folder on my phones sd card, or just transfer the unzipped folder to my sd card and install in recovery that way?

rssphoto

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
got the hotspot mod working..using that to write this right now as i have no internet at home. BUT supersu has no binary file and cant instal it..what did i do wrong and how do i get my root access back? :'(
i rooted my phone through the chainfire cf autoroot..can i run that again over the md5 thats on the phone or will that not fix my problem?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Try downloading and installing SuperSu from the play store, then opening the app. If it asks if you want to update the binaries, say yes.

If that doesn't work.... Do you still have a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc.), and can you boot into that recovery? If so, download the flashable version of SuperSU from here:

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip | by upndwn4par for Galaxy S 3

and flash it in recovery. Then go to the play store, install the most recent SuperSU from there, and update the binaries.

If all else fails, you should be able to rerun cf autoroot wtihout any problems, or look at post #30 here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...acks/337722-possible-method-root-4-3-a-2.html