1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lastest MOAR ROM with 4.3

Tried installing the MOAR ROM today, did a wipe and went through the whole bit, everything seemed to work fine on the scripts but when it booted up all the way it didn't seem like it was the ROM and just was the stock 4.3. Any ideas on this? I already restored everything and don't want to do it again if possible but i know how ROMs work with flashing stuff.
    Link for reference:

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Default Re: Lastest MOAR ROM with 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    Tried installing the MOAR ROM today, did a wipe and went through the whole bit, everything seemed to work fine on the scripts but when it booted up all the way it didn't seem like it was the ROM and just was the stock 4.3. Any ideas on this? I already restored everything and don't want to do it again if possible but i know how ROMs work with flashing stuff.
    Link for reference:
    Were you already on CNexus' 4.3? A common problem is that people are selecting option 2 in the Aroma install. Select option 1 (install as-is) and you'll be treated to some moar goodness V7.0.1 is very stable.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015#AC View Post
    Were you already on CNexus' 4.3? A common problem is that people are selecting option 2 in the Aroma install. Select option 1 (install as-is) and you'll be treated to some moar goodness V7.0.1 is very stable.
    I'll look back into it because I feel like that's what happened

Posted via Android Central App

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

// MOAR v7.0.1 [MK3 / 4.3] [12.17.2013]
    ** 1st Boot will take forever! It will also reboot after initial optimizations. This is normal!
    ** A clean install is HIGHLY recommended! Maybe required!
    ** You must have the MK3 modem installed. Grab it =>HERE<= courtesy of hkhan1
    ** Unlock Developer Options in Settings-> About device -> tap ‘Build Number’ 7 times
    ** Recommended / Settings -> Developer Options -> Animations set to .5
    Dumb question - How do you perform a 'clean install'

Quote Originally Posted by cbrooks105 View Post
    Dumb question - How do you perform a 'clean install'
    In this case, going from 4.1.2 to 4.3, here is what is recommended

Wipe, cache, dalvik cache, data, sysytem, internal storage.

This is a really clean install. Before wiping, backup anything that you may have on internal sd that you need to keep. Also its recommended to to back up everything to a computer before wiping.
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MOAR 9

It's just been updated to 7.1, now I think I'll take the time to flash it.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David

I've been running 7.01, and it's been very smooth and stable. Still miss some of the customizability of 6.1, though.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Installed 7.01 yesterday. so far so good, very smooth stable. One thing that I noticed was the up volume key to turn on the flashlight when the screen is dark does not work. not a big deal since you have other options to turn on the flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by seanskiT1 View Post
    In this case, going from 4.1.2 to 4.3, here is what is recommended

Wipe, cache, dalvik cache, data, sysytem, internal storage.

This is a really clean install. Before wiping, backup anything that you may have on internal sd that you need to keep. Also its recommended to to back up everything to a computer before wiping.
    Sorry, noob alert:

I'm on rooted 4.1.2 still

I have CW v6.0.1.2. I'm currently making a CW backup to my external SD card. Once finished I hope to copy that backup to a PC.

After that's fiinished I should wipe everything in CW including cache, dalvik cache, data, sysytem, internal storage.

Do I then take the move the MOAR_V7.1.0 file to my external SD card and go back to CW and select that .zip file to update the phone and that's it? What about this MK3 Modem file?

Sorry for all the noob questions but back when I rooted the phone I just followed a qbking youtube video and that was easy as pie. Now there doesn't seem to be a complete instruction on how to do this and I don't know what I'm doing.

All you have to do is wipe data and cache. Install the mk3 ROM before or after you flash the ROM. That's what I did and it works perfect

Thanked by:

ROM
    MOAR 9

Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    Sorry, noob alert:

I have CW v6.0.1.2. I'm currently making a CW backup to my external SD card. Once finished I hope to copy that backup to a PC.

After that's fiinished I should wipe everything in CW including cache, dalvik cache, data, sysytem, internal storage.

Do I then take the move the MOAR_V7.1.0 file to my external SD card and go back to CW and select that .zip file to update the phone and that's it? What about this MK3 Modem file?

Sorry for all the noob questions but back when I rooted the phone I just followed a qbking youtube video and that was easy as pie. Now there doesn't seem to be a complete instruction on how to do this and I don't know what I'm doing.
    First you need to flash a new recovery, can find the latest touch CWM 6.0.4.3 . Boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik then flash the zip. Then reboot.

Then you need to put the phone on the 4K3 Modem, . Same procedure as before, boot into recovery, wipe cahe partition then dalvik then flash the modem file.

After you have done that you should be able to flash . Follow the instructions on the MOAR page, choosing option 1 the first time. Also since you are now flashing a ROM you will boot into recovry, wipe cache, then dalvik then wipe data/factory reset. Then after that flash the MOAR Zip file and prepare to set a lot of time aside to get it up and set the way you want it.

Do you have Titanium Back UP? If so you might want to follow these instructions to set up the apps you have now. The first post is all you need to follow.

There are a ton of options, read the MOAR thread to see what you want to choose on your second install, you will go into recovery, do the 2 wipes, cache and dalvik and then flash the MOAR zip again choosing option 2 to customize it. DO NOT WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET THIS TIME.

Sense the theme? Every time you flash a zip for a minor change you wipe the cache and dalvik. If you are changing ROMs or performing a major update (4 to 5, 5 to 6, 6 to 7) it is best to wipe data. If you are going from 7 to 7.1 you don't have to wipe data you just flash the ROM, this is called a dirty flash, and should hold all of your apps and settings.

Before you do anything you should boot into recovery and then perform a nandroid backup, it is in the main screen > Back Up and Restore. Take notice to which back up option you choose, to the SD Card or the External (SD Card1), if you need to run the backup you enter the same menu and choose restore from and it will put your phone to the exact state it is when you did the backup, so if you screw up you can always restore your phone to a known working state.

I see you did a backup in your post, that's good.

David
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MOAR 9

Also make sure you choose a launcher, and to get a preview of the options that are available using the Aroma installer when you reboot into option 2 so you can make a list.

David

Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    Sorry, noob alert:

You need to have the modem flashed before you wipe and flash the new 4.3 ROM. Make sure the zip files are on the extsdcard, once you do these wipes there will be nothing on your internal sd card.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by csys31179 View Post
    All you have to do is wipe data and cache. Install the mk3 ROM before or after you flash the ROM. That's what I did and it works perfect

That makes no sense...and since we are moving to a different android version it is highly recommended to do all the wipes. This helps to minimize the chance for issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

What SuperDave and seanski said. They've got it right.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I just flashed the latest MOAR update, 8, last night. I have since been having issues with my home button not lighting up the screen when it is off and when lock screen is on...is anyone else having issues with this or know how to get it back to working correctly?? Thanks in advance.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Quote Originally Posted by sydewayzsoundz View Post
    I just flashed the latest MOAR update, 8, last night. I have since been having issues with my home button not lighting up the screen when it is off and when lock screen is on...is anyone else having issues with this or know how to get it back to working correctly?? Thanks in advance.
    You have to set the Home button, Settings>MOAR Mod>Misc Mods> Uncheck disable Home Wake, it now should read Home Button will wake phone. Also why you are there go back one setting and choose Extended Power Menu and check the boxes that you want to show when you hold the power button for shut down or restart, otherwise the power button does nothing.

David
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    You have to set the Home button, Settings>MOAR Mod>Misc Mods> Uncheck disable Home Wake, it now should read Home Button will wake phone. Also why you are there go back one setting and choose Extended Power Menu and check the boxes that you want to show when you hold the power button for shut down or restart, otherwise the power button does nothing.
    Thank you very much