Is there a way to disable the 4.3 OTA notification?

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting until a good stable way of updating to 4.3 exists that allows me to stay rooted. In the meantime it would be awesome if I could turnoff the OTA notification from Sprint that I need to upgrade. I clear notifications in the drop down menu but it reappears 15mins later. Is there a way to do this?

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean to stay rooted? You can Root your Galaxy S3 with 4.3 but due to KNOX being a part of it you'll be limited to NO Custom recovery and NO Custom Roms.. But you can still Root your Galaxy S3...
Use CF-Auto-Root after you update to 4.3.

Why don't you download a custom rom that has 4.3?? It's so much better than having to deal with KNOX..

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean to stay rooted? You can Root your Galaxy S3 with 4.3 but due to KNOX being a part of it you'll be limited to NO Custom recovery and NO Custom Roms.. But you can still Root your Galaxy S3...
Use CF-Auto-Root after you update to 4.3.

Why don't you download a custom rom that has 4.3?? It's so much better than having to deal with KNOX..

Downloading a custom rom with 4.3 sounds great. Is there one that's 100% in good working order? I thought i saw some might be having some minor bugs like unreliable wifi? Is there a tutorial or video on how to move up to the 4.3 rom and kernal?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Downloading a custom rom with 4.3 sounds great. Is there one that's 100% in good working order? I thought i saw some might be having some minor bugs like unreliable wifi? Is there a tutorial or video on how to move up to the 4.3 rom and kernal?

HyperDrive is probably the best TouchWiz based ROM for the GS3. What carrier are you on?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
HyperDrive is probably the best TouchWis based ROM for the GS3. What carrier are you on?

Sprint.

Basically right now I have a 4.1.2 GS3 that's rooted using CW. I have the camera shutoff and hotspot tethering. Other than that it's stock. I wouldn't mind getting rid of bloatware.

Really I need to read up on how to upgrade to a very stable 4.3 rom that can do the things I listed above and I'll be a happy camper.

ralphkaz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Sprint.

Basically right now I have a 4.1.2 GS3 that's rooted using CW. I have the camera shutoff and hotspot tethering. Other than that it's stock. I wouldn't mind getting rid of bloatware.

Really I need to read up on how to upgrade to a very stable 4.3 rom that can do the things I listed above and I'll be a happy camper.

I'm in the same boat - anyone know if there is a zip file update to go from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and stay rooted (on stock)? I used to use the ROMs from freeza but I think he's moved on to other devices..

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Wow. A lot of confusion in this thread.

To get ride of the nag, there are a couple of approaches. You can use a root editor to edit the build.prop file in \system. Change every occurrence of the text MD4 to MK3. This fools the updater into thinking you're already on MK3. Alternately, you can flash this in recovery: Dev-Host - MOAR_nag_remove.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

=======================================================================

There are already several options to flash a pre-roolted MK3 ROM, stock (or nearly so), and customized / optimized. Pay close attention to the details in these threads, and make sure you flash all the required related files. The MK3 ROM doesn't play well with modems other than MK3, for example. There are also de-knoxed MK3 kernels available.

These stock ROMs seem pretty stable now, but it's imperative that you read the threads and understand exactly what needs to be flashed, and what, if any, issues remain. If you want a 100% reliable phone, it's probably better to stay with 4.2.1 at the moment.

Stock, rooted ROMs: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers
[ROM MK3 ROOTED] SPHL710 All In One Installer [ODEX/DEODEX] - xda-developers

MK3 modem: [MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK3 Sprint Modem - xda-developers
MK3 (and other) kernels: [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/21/13 - xda-developers

MOAR 7.01 (MK3 based customized ROM): [ROM] [MOAR] [MK3] v7.0.1 / Clock Mod / INK / AOSP Lock / Plenty of Mods! [12.17.13] - xda-developers

===================================================================================

Not only can you root the MK3 OTA, you can install a custom recovery and alternate ROMs. What you can't do is install custom kernels over the Knox bootloader in the OTA kernal. This root procedure has worked for everyone who has commented (see post #30):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-hacks/337722-possible-method-root-4-3-a.html

======================================================================================

The OP was asking about 4.3 ROMs. Hyperdrive is 4.1.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow. A lot of confusion in this thread.

To get ride of the nag, there are a couple of approaches. You can use a root editor to edit the build.prop file in \system. Change every occurrence of the text MD4 to MK3. This fools the updater into thinking you're already on MK3. Alternately, you can flash this in recovery: Dev-Host - MOAR_nag_remove.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

=======================================================================

There are already several options to flash a pre-roolted MK3 ROM, stock (or nearly so), and customized / optimized. Pay close attention to the details in these threads, and make sure you flash all the required related files. The MK3 ROM doesn't play well with modems other than MK3, for example. There are also de-knoxed MK3 kernels available.

These stock ROMs seem pretty stable now, but it's imperative that you read the threads and understand exactly what needs to be flashed, and what, if any, issues remain. If you want a 100% reliable phone, it's probably better to stay with 4.2.1 at the moment.

Stock, rooted ROMs: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers
[ROM MK3 ROOTED] SPHL710 All In One Installer [ODEX/DEODEX] - xda-developers

MK3 modem: [MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK3 Sprint Modem - xda-developers
MK3 (and other) kernels: [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/21/13 - xda-developers

MOAR 7.01 (MK3 based customized ROM): [ROM] [MOAR] [MK3] v7.0.1 / Clock Mod / INK / AOSP Lock / Plenty of Mods! [12.17.13] - xda-developers

===================================================================================

Not only can you root the MK3 OTA, you can install a custom recovery and alternate ROMs. What you can't do is install custom kernels over the Knox bootloader in the OTA kernal. This root procedure has worked for everyone who has commented (see post #30):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-hacks/337722-possible-method-root-4-3-a.html

======================================================================================

The OP was asking about 4.3 ROMs. Hyperdrive is 4.1.2

There are 4.3 Hyperdrive ROMs...

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Right now IMO the two best 4.3 ROMs are Wicked Sensations & MOAR. For the S3, I believe Hyperdrive is done. There hasn't been any activity in that thread for a while.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really familiar with hyperdrive, but I agree with Seanski about Wicked and MOAR. And since I wrote the post earlier in this thread, there's now a version of Wicked based on 4.3, too.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
MOAR nag remove.zip link seems to only download mobogenie.apk. Do I need to use my PC to download it?

EDIT: yes PC worked fine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund