- 1 Posts
I'm wondering if there is a ROM available that has the GPS and Phone antennas turned OFF, but allows for WiFi to function? I'm looking to have a device to read/store a bunch of PDF documents in case of a SHTF scenario, but I don't want any traceability to the device. I'd simply like to be able to read PDF files, and watch videos that I store on multiple exterior flash cards. Is there anything available like this?
- 01-02-2014, 03:10 PM #2
Re: "Bugout" ROM?
I'm not sure using WiFi will make you as invisible as you think. Google uses WiFi to figure out locations, for example. The locations of most public, and many private, WiFi APs is known and cataloged, and even for those that aren't the IP address allows general localization.
Anyway, I'm not aware of any ROMs that specifically do this as a default. But if you turn on airplane mode, you can then manually turn on WiFi without turning any of the other radios on. HTH.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By lornaevo in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 17Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
- By litebulb97 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2014, 08:27 AM
- By alexdlt in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2014, 06:24 AM
- By wilder_jw in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2014, 09:25 PM
- By Jason Cruz in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:21 PM