Is there a safe way to change fonts in Cyanogenmod?

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Basically, the title is my question.. I've seen all of the apps in the Play store, and I've also seen that these can bootloop the phone.. Is there a way to load a .ttf file through Dropbox or something of that nature, then utilizing it through a file browser? If this is possible, is this any safer than using one of those apps? TIA

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I used a bunch from this post a long time ago, there are a lot of them and the poster recommends you look at the list, choose the ones you want and then go and install just them, there are so many it could screw things up. I used his recommended method in post #17 so I don't know what would happen if you installed them all.

After browsing the thread again I see in post #147 there is a way to get these to work on 4.3, natively they won't.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Basically, the title is my question.. I've seen all of the apps in the Play store, and I've also seen that these can bootloop the phone.. Is there a way to load a .ttf file through Dropbox or something of that nature, then utilizing it through a file browser? If this is possible, is this any safer than using one of those apps? TIA

There's an app in the play store called root toolbox pro you can change your font with that but its only useful if you're obviously rooted and if not be careful just trying to change font using files from the internet because you could really mess up your phone.. Edit lol of course ya rooted just seen the word cyanogen mod haha

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I use iFont and have never had a problem with it. It is limited to the fonts that it provides, but it has the ubuntu font which is all I ever want anyway. It's pretty easy. It works for the S3 without root I'm pretty sure but the app does also utilize root privilege.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm