Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S3: no su binary!!!

I tried to unroot my sprint gs3s by pressing unroot in supersu but I didn't reinstall a few system apps. Now it won't unroot and when I try to open supersu it says No binary. Please help
    /system/app/ClockPackage. Apk unexpected contents
    E:Error in /cache/cffb350e111c431bcd19eea86e0d0e6816950053.USER_L710_SPR_MD4_to_MK3-Update_FWD.zip
    (Status 7 )
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Default Re: no su binary!!!

If you still have your custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc.), try flashing this version of SuperSU in recovery: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip | by upndwn4par for Galaxy S 3

If that works, then update with the version that's in the Play Store.

If that doesn't work, what version of Android is on your phone? Look at Settings / More / About device and let us know what your Build number, Android version, and Kernel version are. Or just post a screen capture of that page.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you still have your custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc.), try flashing this version of SuperSU in recovery: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip | by upndwn4par for Galaxy S 3

If that doesn't work, what version of Android is on your phone? Look at Settings / More / About device and let us know what your Build number, Android version, and Kernelt version are. Or just post a screen capture of that page.
    I have custom recovery but what is cwm and twrp?

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If that doesn't work, what version of Android is on your phone? Look at Settings / More / About device and let us know what your Build number, Android version, and Kernel version are. Or just post a screen capture of that page.
    Model # sph-L710
    android version 4.1.2
    baseband version L710VPBMD4
    Kernel version 3.0.31-1130792
    se.infra@sep-132 #2
    spm preempt Mon Apr 15
    19:05:47 K5T 2013
    built number
    JZ054K.L710VPBMD4
    HARDWARE VERSION
    L710.14

CWM and TWRP are custom recoveries. If you have a custom recovery, you had to install it yourself. What custom recovery did you install? Did you try to flash the SuperSU zip file I linked to?

Based on the info you posted above, once you get SuperSU reinstalled, I would follow these steps to unroot fully:

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

CWM and TWRP are custom recoveries. If you have a custom recovery, you had to install it yourself. What custom recovery did you install? Did you try to flash the SuperSU zip file I linked to?

Based on the info you posted above, once you get SuperSU reinstalled, I would follow these steps to unroot fully:

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock
    I don't have the pc I used to root so I don't know what recovery I used I'm a noob at this but slowly learning

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have supersu installed but it won't work.. it says no binary installed

Copy the SU file I linked to your internal or removeable SD card.

Turn off the phone completely, then boot into recovery (press and hold simutaneously the volume up, home and power buttons--as soon as you see the Samsung logo release all three buttons. You should now be in recovery mode. There should be something on the screen during the boot process that identifies the recovery, but it doesn't matter that much. Find the option to install or flash a file. Select that one, navigate to where you copied the SU zip file, and install it. Reboot.

After it reboots, go to the play store and download and install the latest version of SuperSU.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Copy the SU file I linked to your internal or removeable SD card.

Turn off the phone completely, then boot into recovery (press and hold simutaneously the volume up, home and power buttons--as soon as you see the Samsung logo release all three buttons. You should now be in recovery mode. There should be something on the screen during the boot process that identifies the recovery, but it doesn't matter that much. Find the option to install or flash a file. Select that one, navigate to where you copied the SU zip file, and install it. Reboot.

After it reboots, go to the play store and download and install the latest version of SuperSU.
    When I download the link it don't go 2 sd card it save 2 phone

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

How do I get the link 2 my sd card

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Minasian Kearney View Post
    When I download the link it don't go 2 sd card it save 2 phone

When I boot into recovery it say android system and I have 4 options none say install that link..
    It's says custom but when I go to su needed apps it say NO binary

It sounds like you do not have a custom recovery after all.

So the next step depends on why you want to unroot. Do you want to return to completely stock so no one can ever tell the phone was rooted? Or are you just trying to get the OTA update for 4.3? Or some other reason?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

It sounds like you do not have a custom recovery after all.

So the next step depends on why you want to unroot. Do you want to return to completely stock so no one can ever tell the phone was rooted? Or are you just trying to get the OTA update for 4.3? Or some other reason?
    It says android system <3> in recovery mode.. custom rom... I'm really tryna get 4.4 kit kat but I guess I have 2 get 4.3 first..Im rooted with NO binary so root won't work I never wanted 2 lose root just wanted latest software..

Last edited by Minasian Kearney; 02-18-2014 at 11:08 AM.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Is there a way where u kan text me or email me r a way I can contact u..cause it's been like this like 3 weeks

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Minasian Kearney View Post
    It says android system <3> in recovery mode.. custom rom... I'm really tryna get 4.4 kit kat but I guess I have 2 get 4.3 first..Im rooted with NO binary so root won't work I never wanted 2 lose root just wanted latest software..

Can i root 4.4 or 4.1.2 kit kat once I get it??

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Help!!!

Sorry, I've been working 14 hours days. Haven't had the time to get back here.

My suggestion is to look at post #30 here: Possible method to root 4.3

and try to follow those instructions from the beginning. Let me know if that gets you rooted with SuperSU. If it does, then we can worry about getting to KitKat.