1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to Unroot from 4.3!

I tried to root my Galaxy S3 on 4.3 and everything seemed to go well until I realized that this KNOX thing is blocking superuser and I cannot uninstall it. Is there a way right now to Unroot without bricking my phone?

Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

If you follow the instructions in this post, you should be able to remain rooted and have SuperSU.

Possible method to root 4.3

If that doesn't help, then yes it's possible to unroot, but the Knox indicator has already been tripped, so Sprint and Samsung will be able to tell that you were rooted at some point, and there's no way to reset that. If you still want to unroot, let me know and I'll try to help you through it. I'm working about 14 hours a day right now, so please be patient. I don't get a chance to check back here very often.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you follow the instructions in this post, you should be able to remain rooted and have SuperSU.

Possible method to root 4.3

If that doesn't help, then yes it's possible to unroot, but the Knox indicator has already been tripped, so Sprint and Samsung will be able to tell that you were rooted at some point, and there's no way to reset that. If you still want to unroot, let me know and I'll try to help you through it. I'm working about 14 hours a day right now, so please be patient. I don't get a chance to check back here very often.
    That would work for rooting. He wants to unroot the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Flashing stock firmware will unroot the phone. You can try checking sammobile or samsung-updates.com for the file

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That would work for rooting. He wants to unroot the phone.

He said he wants to unroot because his root was unsuccessful. I showed him a way to root successfully, which I assume was what he wanted to do in the first place.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I'm on rooted 4.3 which I flashed with all those knox removers and "wifi fixes" etc. I'm going to be selling the phone soon and would like to unroot before selling it and returning to stock. How do I go about unrooting? I saw on the unrooting thread something that you can hard brick the phone if unrooting from 4.3. So what are my options?