Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Help] Accidental Virgin to Sprint Switch. (Galaxy s3) [4.3]

So I decided I would mess around with my Galaxy s3 (4.3) and of course I clicked a few things I was not supposed to click. After a little I managed to soft brick my phone, but was later able to fix with Sprint (what a friend did for me). Most features do not work, I would like to know if anyone could help me through this and get me back to a stock Virgin Mobile 4.3. I don't know what you need but I will try to tell you what you need to know. And my friend was unable to help me switch back to Virgin just so some of you know..

My once Virgin Mobile Baseband-L710VPUBMK5

But now that I am on sprint it's.
    Baseband version-L710VPUCMK3

I would like to thank anyone that could help me out with this because of how much I have screwed up.

Global Posts
    21,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: [Help] Accidental Virgin to Sprint Switch. (Galaxy s3) [4.3]

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Bouska View Post
    So I decided I would mess around with my Galaxy s3 (4.3) and of course I clicked a few things I was not supposed to click. After a little I managed to soft brick my phone, but was later able to fix with Sprint (what a friend did for me). Most features do not work, I would like to know if anyone could help me through this and get me back to a stock Virgin Mobile 4.3. I don't know what you need but I will try to tell you what you need to know. And my friend was unable to help me switch back to Virgin just so some of you know..

My once Virgin Mobile Baseband-L710VPUBMK5

But now that I am on sprint it's.
    Baseband version-L710VPUCMK3

I would like to thank anyone that could help me out with this because of how much I have screwed up.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I think if you flashed the proper ROM in Odin, that should fix everything. Now the question is where to get the files, as one of the biggest file sharing site Hotfile, was shut down a few months ago.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    21,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Samsung updates .com used to be a good library. They got hit by the hotfile shutdown.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, that looks like the site that my friend got the ROM off of but it only has the MK3 and not the MK5..

Global Posts
    21,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Not sure where else to suggest. Sorry

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's not a problem I will just have to keep searching and hopefully run across one that works for me.
    *EDIT* I have managed to find a file and have made it back to Virgin Mobile thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Trent Bouska; 02-26-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Global Posts
    21,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Bouska View Post
    It's not a problem I will just have to keep searching and hopefully run across one that works for me.
    *EDIT* I have managed to find a file and have made it back to Virgin Mobile thanks for the help!
    Glad you are up and running again. Where did you find the file?

Phone Timeline
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Glad you are up and running again. Where did you find the file?
    I got a friend to send me a file but I have the download if needed : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fblv7ne4x...noship.tar.rar
    Thanked by:

so look I,m not real savy with computers but I have a GS3 that is SPRINT and I need it virgin mobile can you explain it to a laymen format or step by step PLEASE

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer7769 View Post
    so look I,m not real savy with computers but I have a GS3 that is SPRINT and I need it virgin mobile can you explain it to a laymen format or step by step PLEASE
    Just flashing a Virgin Mobile ROM will not help you achieve what you're trying to do. That's an entire different process, one that I'm not sure whether I can talk about or not here so I won't. Not to sound like a ******, but Google is really your friend in this case.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

I tried running the file you linked. The process fails every time when flashing with odin while loading the system file. Any help would be appreciated.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Can you provide me with a little info on what you tried to do and what happened before you needed the file.
    I needed the file when I accidentally changed it to Sprint when I loaded the wrong file off Odin.
    Now I can't help you much as I have not touched Odin or a computer since as I lost it to a HDD failure but I will give it a shot.