Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaisFlaque
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Major Issues with Roms

Hello there, today I took upon the task of flashing a custom ROM Cyanogen Mod version: 10.2.1-d2spr . Before I flashed anything I followed the Lifehackers guide to flashing ROMs http://http://lifehacker.com/how-to-...phone-30885281. I selected and copied every file from the device to the computer, made a full system+apps+data back up in Titanium Backup, and a nandroid backup of the system as well.

The problem I am having is although the Cyanogen Mod is working I do not have any of my data from previous. I believe the Titanium Backup is still on the actual device itself except it is nowhere to be found. I also believe i was supposed to have the back up directory to my EXTERNAL SD card instead of the internal in case the internal SD card was erased (which the guide left out).

To no avail I have been searching the web for hours with no solution, every solution I try has some sort of error.

I am currently downloading firmware again for the third time to attempt a factory stock ROM flash from Odin. I will not have results for another 3-4 hours as of download speed.

Any help would be appreciated and I would be glad to give any information that is needed, thanks in advance!!

Global Posts
    18,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Major Issues with Roms

Welcome to the forums.
    Did you do a batch backup in Titanium?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, I've been looking at these forums for a while now and got a lot of good information. About time I sign up!
    Anyways yes I did do a batch back up in Titanium Backup.
    I believe the problem I am having is that I was using a cracked version from Blackmart and when I went to install the Titanium Pro version in my new flashed ROM the Device Id's were different.
    Although I don't think the information would be changed, and when I installed the Free version to do app by app it does install some apps from the back up but it screws the whole system up and processes start stopping.
    Really not sure where to go from here, still trying to download the Stock Firmware to get it back to Stock, then I think I can work from there as this CyanogenMod is not what I expected.

Global Posts
    18,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

The last I knew, Titanium has an issue with batch backups. If the flaw still exists, I don't know if there is a fix. You could restore the nandroid, and back up your apps again, without doing a batch backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay yes I was reading the other post you responded to about that.
    I have tired the nandroid restore with no avail either. It keeps saying things like this:
    Checking MD5 suns...
    Erasing boot before restore...
    Restoring boot image...
    system.img not fund. skipping restore of /system.
    data.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure.
    cache.img not found. skipping restore of cache

And every post I see says it could be something wrong with the backup.
    I would say that there would be no possible way there could be an issue/corruption with the nandroid because I just backed everything up last night.
    I also have every file copied and transferred over to my computer (I guess you could call this a non-nandroid back up) and I didn't want to go through with that yet because it says there's not enough space on the internal to transfer over all the files. I wouldn't want to delete anything that would permanently not allow me to recover all of my information.

I know there must be a way to do it, I don't think I am that stupid to not ever leave some backup. I might have jumped into all this mess a little to quick but I always take precautions when it comes to personal information.

Okay... your still in a good place... we can get you up and running again... First off what was the android version of your phone before you started the root and Rom process? If it was 4.3 than theres the issue and fixes. If you were at 4.1.2 than even better and easyer solutions are easly available. And last don't be discouraged with the whole root/Rom because of this lil hang up... It gets way easyer. Thank heavins you backed up... Okay if you truly have everything from your phone backed up to pc than wipe the recovery folder on the phone. And copy the backyp in its place... than try the restore... but don't try till we know what android version you were on last... k? XD

*Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Had a similar situation just today, I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to share my experience for future googler's trying to get their data back. So after using one of my ROM apps, I browsed for available ROMS picked one that sounded cool, it prompted and suggested GAPPS to go along etc. rebooted into recover etc. etc.etc. and when I had my new ROM up and running I had absolutely no data, no network service,IMEI or even a RADIO! I tried flashing a radio and of course no luck; so after much wasted time I found this

Update Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 To Android 4.4.2 KitKat via CM11 Nightly–How To | True Android | #1 Custom Android Resource.

Followed the super simple instructions and BAM I was back on network and with KitKat. If your like me by time I figured something out I could care less about that cool ROM I thought I wanted so after finding this FIX; I'm good for now.

P.S. Browse down to the "How to Install Android 4.4.2 KITKAT based CM11...." The two files you need are slightly above it.

Peace.

Thank you for your suggestion.. that would replace the rom.. but not fix the missing data. (Applications.) That he had before flashing the rom he is/was on..furthermore he can't flash his backup.. i wouldn't advise to falsh any rom untill a good working backup is safely stored on both device and pc. ; )

*Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)