Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 back to stock from bricked?

I got to messing with my Sprint S3 and got all super brave with it because I had pretty much already decided to see what I could do with it or just get a Note 3.

I got it rooted and got a cyanogenmod nightly on there. I wasn't super enamored with it, so I decided to ditch that and start over. I mispressed something in the "wipe" process and now I get to a Teamwin menu and that's it. If I just boot it normally it stops at Samsung Galaxy S3. And there's no download mode.

Just for kicks I showed it to the Sprint "tech". She took one look at the teamwin thing and told me to hit the bricks, so I just got a Note 3.

Sprint will give me $52 for it. I figured what I'd like to do, though, is get it running on Ting for a couple months while I buy and sell some used cars (God knows I don't want my real number involved in that), and then put it on eBay for more than $52.

I've ordered a "jig". From what I understand that gets me to download mode, and I have Odin.

Can I get it back to "just like it was before I did anything" for maximum resale value, or what's the closest I can come?

Thanks for looking!

ETA: In looking through the messages, it sounds like it may be important to mention that it had 4.3 from Sprint.
    Last edited by khigh65; 04-25-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Default Re: S3 back to stock from bricked?

If you an get into download mode, following this thread will get the stock ROM loaded:

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

That will actually load a 4.0.x ROM, and you'll get three OTAs. The first two are 4.1.2, and third will be 4.3, if you want that.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    khigh65 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply!

One clarification, though....

The phone's not "active" any more. I believe it deactivated when I activated the Note

That means it won't get OTAs, right

Thanks again

I'm pretty sure that's correct. You should be able to find the more recent ROMs here: Firmwares | SamMobile

Use the search function and search for SPH-L710. You should be able to use any of these files in place of the one provided in the thread I linked to.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you an get into download mode, following this thread will get the stock ROM loaded:

[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

That will actually load a 4.0.x ROM, and you'll get three OTAs. The first two are 4.1.2, and third will be 4.3, if you want that.

Will this work if I had a rooted phone, then updated to 4.3? It's now kinda rooted and kinda not and I'm afraid of bricking it.

ETA: Never mind, after I went to it there's the big message saying don't do it if you did what I did.