Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlock 4.4 bootloader?

I unfortunately installed the 4.3 ota update when it was pushed to my phone. Would installing the 4.4 update allow me to unlock the bootloader?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Unlock 4.4 bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Bliss View Post
    I unfortunately installed the 4.3 ota update when it was pushed to my phone. Would installing the 4.4 update allow me to unlock the bootloader?

Posted via Android Central App
    Probably not. Unless Samsung allowed it to be unlocked.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Sprint GS3s don't have locked bootloaders, do they? OP, is your phone a Sprint version? Exactly what are you trying to accomplish by unlocking?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

My phone is a Sprint version and i'm just trying to place the gs5 rom onto it. Whats the best way to go about this?

You can't put a ROM from one phone (S5) on a different phone (S3). That's about the most certain way to brick your device there is.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.