Error when updating to 4.4.2 (SPHL-710)

Markcianito

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Help. I have a rooted Sprint Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3. I just got the official OTA for 4.4.2 and I decided to install it. However it failed while installing because I have clockworkmod on it. I flashed the old stock recovery and tried flashing again but it's still not working. Maybe I just need to flash 4.3 Stock Recovery but I can't find it anywhere. I'll leave a picture so you guys can see the error. Thank you and hope someone can help me!20140524_114116.jpg

JCJ77

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can be rooted to install an OTA. I could be wrong, though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To install the OTA you need to have the stock recovery and ALL original installed apps, including bloatware, unmodified. If you change(d) anything while rooted the OTA is going to fail.

You could revert to the stock 4.3 using ODIN, and then wait for the OTA again, but if you're going to go the Odin route you might as well just Odin 4.4.2 from the start. Here's a link:

[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] - xda-developers

A couple of things to note:

Flashing a new ROM with Odin will wipe the data partition on your internal SD card, so back up any information you have stored first.

Once you flash ND8, you can never use Odin to revert to MK3 or any earlier ROM. Trying to revert will brick your phone. You can still flash prior ROMs in recovery (e.g., CWM), but you can never Odin back to an earlier ROM.

In order to run the stock Touchwiz ND8 ROM, you must have the ND8 bootloader installed, so if you see the ROM alone available to flash in recovery, don't try to flash it with your existing MK3 bootloader. You need to flash the entire ND8 ROM in Odin.

Nor Hazliza Taib

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Im using S3..and nothing bother me with this phone so far.but lately I got notification to update the software.not sure how to attach the screenshot here since this is my first post..hope to get some opinion frm u guys.and sorry to post in this thread because idk how to make a new thread.

Nor Hazliza Taib

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually..thats my question.kkk..I want to know whats the update for..the notif did mention about software update.im not sure though.it will be better if I can show u the screencap of the notif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37