sprint galaxy s3 running 4.4.2 wont root

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
How to root your samsung galaxy s3 (easily) - XDA Forum

i followed the instructions. no luck. it said passed but root checker says no.

i tried a few times,
the boot screen reads:

odin mode
product name : sph-l710
current binary: custom
system status : custom
qualcom secureboot: enable
waranty bit: 1
bootloader ap swrev: 2

odin screen info

<ID:0/014> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/014> Odin v.3 engine (ID:14)..
<ID:0/014> File analysis..
<ID:0/014> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/014> Initialzation..
<ID:0/014> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/014> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/014> recovery.img
<ID:0/014> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/014> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/014> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/014> RES OK !!
<ID:0/014> Removed!!

it takes abt 30 sec to complete and flashes something about "stock recovery" on the red pirate screen

any Detailed ideas on how to properly root would be great.

thanks
john

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried that... cant find a good link to GalaxyS3RootUSCanada.zip

so many download ads on that site i cant find the right file

but thanks for trying

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
THANKS geronimo4242 and droidtrix11

i have been away a few days and just checked back in on this post. i will look over both ideas and see if either work

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have any more questions. Feel free to ask us.

Posted via Android Central App
thanks... i have a few. let me try to explain best i can.
the first flash "i think thats what it is... very new and not sure of the terms) goes through, boots to the red pirate droid and reboots.
then i flash the custom recovery and can get into that. on the TWRP screen at the bottom center is a box that brings you to what looks like a linux terminal screen.
this is where i think the problem is. but everything i have found online so far is written for someone who already understands what they are doing...

anyway it reads

e: unable to find partion size for '/boot'
e: primary block device 'dev/block/mmcblkop15' for mount point '/data' is not present

then a slue of cant mount errors

i am sure this is why it dosent load supersu. i loaded it via GP but it says the binary is missing.

if i load the zip you posted on my phone and use TWRP will this load the binary? or is the cant mount error blocking the binary?

thanks again...

geronimo4242

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this will help maybe not : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2228447

Can you please exactly what you are doing and what you have? Like are you on stock? What android o.s you have? Jellybean? KitKat? I want to help you as much as I can if you can answer my questions.

So basically, you want to flash cf auto root via Odin. After that, if it says "SuperSU has stopped" or something like that when you either tap on the app or it happens when you reboot and so you will have to install SuperSU itself with a file explorer every time you reboot. Now the SuperSU update I gave in my last reply will or could fix that problem. Now here comes your problem. When you try to flash TWRP, all these can't mount errors keep popping. I am not familiar with that as that never happened to me. But please tell me what do you have going on in your phone? Be specific as you can be so others and I can help.

Vanir ROM in use!

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks and sorry for the confusion,
first i flashed back to stock os. 4.4.2 and verified it in DL screen

next i flashed cf auto root via odin for Samsung siii.
no SU app appeared anywhere on my phone. not in apps or on any screen so i loaded it via GP
when i try to run it i get the "no binary found" error

then i flashed TWRP (see errors in post above)

androin ver 4.4.2
baseband l710vpudnd8
kernel ver 3.4.0-1368792 dpi@swdd5812#1
build kot49h.l710vpund8
se for android status enforcing sepe-sph-l710_4.4.2_0011

geronimo4242

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh duh. ._. I've been looking everywhere online like XDA and couldn't find a solution. I'm sorry but I will continue looking to try to find a solution. That is weird though. I have a sprint 4.4.2 s3 and it never happened to me before.

Vanir ROM in use!

jtcsrvbi

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
no... i just went to GPS and loaded it... i really think the cant mount is the problem. thats linux for cant read the drive... so it cant get the data. i have seen a few posts for fixing this but non seem to be 100% what i have and i dont know enough about it to risk trying. most of the links i find are old. i found out the hard way installing the wrong or old version will brick your phone. my hope was to find someone who could help explain it better.

thanks for all your help... we may both learn something new from this

chuyfawkes

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Boost mobile, 4.4.2, gs3 L710. Odin root method does is thing, says it passed. But root checker can not verify root.

Towel root method says my device is not supported. Can anyone please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7