*Resolved* Best ROM for use with FreedomPop

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I activated my S3 on FreedomPop (they lease Sprint's data network) a while back, but I'm running a CyanogenMod-based ROM. Apparently CM can't update PRL and things like that so I had to temporarily flash a rooted stock ROM. After that and copying some files over to my CM backup, I got 3G working (was following instructions for another carrier I found on a different forum). 4G still isn't connecting, though.

What I'd like to know, if anyone can help me, is either how to get 4G working on FreedomPop in a CyanogenMod ROM, or what ROM would be best to install for this. I adore CarbonROM and don't want to give it up, but this lack of 4G is annoying because if I don't specify 3G only it prioritizes 4G and then won't give me a data connection at all, but I'd like 4G because I'm incredibly impatient when it comes to waiting for things to load. XD

I know very little about the why, but I've read that non-Touchwiz ROMs can't update certain things pertaining to what networks the phone connects to. Is this true? If so, suggestions on ROMs to try out (4.4 or higher)? I'm afraid I don't have the time to just try out every ROM until I find one I like.

Last edited:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best ROM for use with FreedomPop

FIXED - Freedompop (Sprint), 4G/LTE and custom ROM - XDA Forums

I just flashed this ZIP in CWM and I get LTE now. Not sure how I'll handle future network changes/upgrades, but it's working in CarbonROM so I'm happy.

I was going to go through that thread's instructions to flash AICP 10 (CM12.1 based) on my Galaxy S3, but seems recent posts have people reporting issues with connecting to both 4G and 3G on freedompop. Is this still working for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy