Will the Sprint GS3 be worth an upgrade?

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Sprint E4GT. What does everyone think about the GS3 and will it be worthy of an upgrade? Just simply looking for opinions!

Thanks!

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is worthy of an upgrade. I guess you have not read the reviews, and seen all the videos? I have a E4GT, and I will be getting the S3 and I think I will be switching carriers.

Reactions: dcraig

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I also believe it will be the best option for an upgrade unless of course, you want to wait and see what the 'next iPhone' is going to be, LOL.

I'm eager as is everyone else here to actually play with the GS3, so it can't get into ATT stores soon enough for me! I have an upgrade available too, though I prefer a carrier that already HAS LTE working in many cities as opposed to one that does not. Why have an LTE phone if you can't get the blazing speed now?

dcraig

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is worthy of an upgrade. I guess you have not read the reviews, and seen all the videos? I have a E4GT, and I will be getting the S3 and I think I will be switching carriers.

Thanks! So what carrier do you plan on going to? Well I'm not eligible for an upgrade so i'm not sure exactly what i'm going to do. I do want the GS3 really bad though!

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! So what carrier do you plan on going to? Well I'm not eligible for an upgrade so i'm not sure exactly what i'm going to do. I do want the GS3 really bad though!

I am thinking about switching to AT&T. I do not like idea of paying for an LTE phone with no LTE network.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Q3 or Q4 this year is when lte will be released, this has been mentioned on various other threads.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

NateBoii

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Never had the gs2 to determine if the gs3 would be worth an upgrade. However i do
have the og epic 4G. I believe the gs2 was a nice upgrade from og epic according to reviews and user comment. So with following that trend i would imagine gs3 would be a nice upgrade from gs2. The phone seems to have more features, looks nice imo, and hogher res screen and will probably be lte capable. Along with better battery life, better camera, face recognition, nfc, better processor and ics out the box. That alone sounds pretty substantial to me.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I also believe it will be the best option for an upgrade unless of course, you want to wait and see what the 'next iPhone' is going to be, LOL.

I'm eager as is everyone else here to actually play with the GS3, so it can't get into ATT stores soon enough for me! I have an upgrade available too, though I prefer a carrier that already HAS LTE working in many cities as opposed to one that does not. Why have an LTE phone if you can't get the blazing speed now?

LOL. I thought you were eyeing the GNote? What happened? 'm still thinking of the Note but I think as you said it's a good idea to play with the S3 and see if it's worth it. It will be a tough decision if the GNote comes to T-Mobile at the same as S3.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I thought you were eyeing the GNote? What happened? 'm still thinking of the Note but I think as you said it's a good idea to play with the S3 and see if it's worth it. It will be a tough decision if the GNote comes to T-Mobile at the same as S3.

I understand liking the Note, but isn't it a little late in the game for that now? I mean, now its already 7 months old, right? I would expect news of a Note 2 in a few months.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

BoricuaMedic

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and can only get 4g in certain areas! That's why I decided to get the uk gs3 unlock version for the quad core instead of getting 4g lte in some areas !!!! May b! Oh n the us version is only getting dual core so far!

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to wait and see what the reviews of the sprint version of the sgs3 look like. I have no problems with the E4GT so waiting a month or two isn't an issue. I'm not in a 4G area now so not having an LTE yet isn't an issue for me. I take that back... it is an issue but one I'm already use to.