Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    Do yourself a favor before you purchase. Go into an At&T store and download speedtest on a display phone. Turn off the wifi and run a speed test. The results will knock you down. Lol
    Actually just tested a Tmobile 4g device here at work and they got 8mbps..WOW!!!! Thats amazing too me..Faster than my home wifi connection..No need to look elsewhere they have me sold.

Quote Originally Posted by rraman3110 View Post
    Agreed with Tkbredx.

You are losing all of those, plus your phone will be limited to pre4g technology. Sprint will soon be releasing LTE. Also if you were planning on spending 15 extra bucks a month, I would have went with Verizon since they actually have the largest LTE network built out.

I plan on sticking with Sprint, because I already have unlimited data plan and I live in Philadelphia which is expecting to get LTE probably before the end of the year.

I give your decision a grade of: WTF?!?!
    I agree sprint sucks. If a customer service unlimited data and some of the best phone but their data speeds sucks. That's what you're paying for is too use their network. I paid 10 dollars additional a month to use their 4g speeds and didn't even ever get it. I'm off to t mobile too. My friend has an S2 on t mobile and he gets 10mbps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
    truthteller10 likes this.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Well done. CDMA is obsolete.

sent from my Galaxy S2

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

I cant endorse any other carrier but when I order my next phone it wont be with Sprint. I live in a part of the country that never even got WiMax and my 3G speeds are consistently horrible. I might go back to Sprint in a few years when they have that network rolled out but I can't live with it anymore. Now I just need to find the most affordable / reasonable solution. Pricing them all out it looks like I'm headed for $160 on two lines no matter who I go with.

I get 3mbps down and 1 up and 92 ping i have the og epic4g

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Taken a few weeks ago. I'm not in an LTE area right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Ill have to do more research on that I thought HSPA was 4g...Also, I would do business with ATT before Verizon anyday..They somehow think they are the godsends of the mobile planet..Even their phones on 2yr contract are 299.99 as if they aren't the same phones as all others..lol

HSPA isnt 4g, LTE isnt real 4g either

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

If you're in Houston, you do realize that city will get LTE from Sprint by the end of the month, right?

Check Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, they might even help you out with launch dates.

If you want to leave, nothing is stopping you, but you'll never get LTE either. HSPA+ is OK, it's just not the show stopper LTE is.

Sorry but AT&T and Verizon are going to outgun T-Mo bad for a long time. Sprint will be in the same ballpark when they flip on LTE. What about T-Mo? Negatron on LTE until 2013.

T-Mobile also has the highest drop call rate in RootMetrics testing in the Houston area.
    Last edited by Fraydog; 06-05-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Thanked by:
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    HSPA isnt 4g, LTE isnt real 4g either
    Define 4g? Really nothing will ever be 4G, I mean I get average 8mb on HSPA and that is more than fast enough for me.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    I can understand you on the "paying extra for texting". You pay for it with every provider, they just work it in differently. It's like internet in your house, you pay for more speeds right? Same with Att and Verizon. They have faster speeds and they're more expensive. I was in an LTE area the first day I got my Skyrocket and wanted to test it out. I downloaded an album from at site with 17 tracks in under 40 seconds. Does it have to be that fast? No, but it's nice to know it's available
    Thats great..but I'll be paying 89.99 as opposed to 130..Don't mind a little slower download speeds. But with Sprint its a no go for me at this point.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by Fraydog View Post
    If you're in Houston, you do realize that city will get LTE from Sprint by the end of the month, right?

Check Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, they might even help you out with launch dates.

If you want to leave, nothing is stopping you, but you'll never get LTE either. HSPA+ is OK, it's just not the show stopper LTE is.

Sorry but AT&T and Verizon are going to outgun T-Mo bad for a long time. Sprint will be in the same ballpark when they flip on LTE. What about T-Mo? Negatron on LTE until 2013.

T-Mobile also has the highest drop call rate in RootMetrics testing in the Houston area.
    Sorry, but Sprint is way behind in it's deployment..Houston?? thats laughable too me they have to do better..Hey Tmobile's contract termination is only 200 bucks so thats nothing. If I don't like Tmobile ill just sale the gs3 then go back to Sprint IF they have gotten their act together.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Sorry, but Sprint is way behind in it's deployment..Houston?? thats laughable too me they have to do better..Hey Tmobile's contract termination is only 200 bucks so thats nothing. If I don't like Tmobile ill just sale the gs3 then go back to Sprint IF they have gotten their act together.
    Where are you at?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Where are you at?
    I live in Missouri City but travel all throught Houston and the greater areas..And I can say that its literally embarrasing to use my gs2 sometimes..I do realtor work on the side a constantly use my phone to look at pictures for homes. And I can tell you that waiting 20 seconds to view picture on my dual core phone is embarrasing to say the least

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I live in Missouri City but travel all throught Houston and the greater areas..And I can say that its literally embarrasing to use my gs2 sometimes..I do realtor work on the side a constantly use my phone to look at pictures for homes. And I can tell you that waiting 20 seconds to view picture on my dual core phone is embarrasing to say the least
    By the time you get the GS3 from T-Mo in your hands you will have some real world comparisons to make as I'm pretty sure Missouri City is part of the launch area for LTE from Sprint.

Fortunately you have the 14 days for T-Mobile.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

At the end of the day... My wifi networks defeat all of your petty 3G/4G/LTE carriers
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

By the time you get the GS3 from T-Mo in your hands you will have some real world comparisons to make as I'm pretty sure Missouri City is part of the launch area for LTE from Sprint.

Fortunately you have the 14 days for T-Mobile.
    I will truly take a test if LTE is turned on for Sprint within the next 20 days. Im going to think about it overnight and may call Tmobile to cancel my pre-order. Sprint will allow me to get out of my contract by paying them 165 bucks and then I can get the gs3 for 199. I'll just sale the gs2 on CS and make up the difference. However, if I don't see anything deployed from Sprint within this 20 day window i'm gone. Check out the Sprint forums and its littered with complaints about network performance all over the country. Its shameful that they havn't come out and made a public apology or at least offered us loyal customers an additional 50 bucks off the gs3 or at least allow us to upgrade without buying out our current contract. This is a very poor display of customer service. I feel very sorry for those that purchased the iphone 4 because it doesn't even have a lte radio.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    At the end of the day... My wifi networks defeat all of your petty 3G/4G/LTE carriers
    Can't take WiFi everywhere with you.

I don't care if HSPA+ if 4G or not, it can be 0G for all I care as long as I get 7-9Mbps around town.

I ditched Sprint last for T-Mobile last month and don't regret it a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    Define 4g? Really nothing will ever be 4G, I mean I get average 8mb on HSPA and that is more than fast enough for me.
    real 4g is 100mbps

Either way i am sticking with sprint. I can wait for network vision.

And for those complaining about the OP going to tmobile. It is his choice, sprint sucks in his area so why should he stay where he isnt happy. I am sure Tmobile will be good for him, and should be fine with the 5gb cap, since he prob has wifi at home and could use that there.

It will take alot to beat my the download speed from my home ISP my average download speed is 25-30 mbps(funny thing is i only pay for 15mbps)
    Last edited by ab30494; 06-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.

I will truly take a test if LTE is turned on for Sprint within the next 20 days. Im going to think about it overnight and may call Tmobile to cancel my pre-order. Sprint will allow me to get out of my contract by paying them 165 bucks and then I can get the gs3 for 199. I'll just sale the gs2 on CS and make up the difference. However, if I don't see anything deployed from Sprint within this 20 day window i'm gone. Check out the Sprint forums and its littered with complaints about network performance all over the country. Its shameful that they havn't come out and made a public apology or at least offered us loyal customers an additional 50 bucks off the gs3 or at least allow us to upgrade without buying out our current contract. This is a very poor display of customer service. I feel very sorry for those that purchased the iphone 4 because it doesn't even have a lte radio.
    Considering you are in a launch market for sprint LTE, you are crazy for leaving them.

Of course Sprint isn't going to dump money into old technology when they are about to deploy all new fiber/microwave backhaul, all new base stations, all new remote mounted radio units, and all new antennas.

Early Sprint 4G LTE speedtests are showing peak speeds over 30mbit. On a loaded network, that will be faster than anything T-Mobile has until T-Mobile launches LTE in Houston.

You just downgraded.

I understand you are frustrated with the data speeds but they aren't going to add legacy T-1's to sites that are a few months away from deploying all new hardware.

Anyway, if you are covered with T-Mobile, that's great and I am sure you will be happy with the speeds... but considering Sprint will have active LTE in Houston before T-Mobile... again you are downgrading.

Hope you enjoy tmobile

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

I was ticked earlier this year with data speeds, but things are getting better here... much better. So I re-upped.

Priced Verizon, and even with my corporate discount, it's $84.60 before tax and with no insurance. I now pay $63 with TEP on Sprint including tax and all. Can't see spending $40 more when I add Verizon insurance and tax.

T-Mobile is maybe $10-12 cheaper than that, but still way more than with Sprint. And T-Mobile coverage is terrible especially when traveling. Been there, and won't go back. I went from T-Mobile TO Sprint. They've done nothing to win me back.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    I was ticked earlier this year with data speeds, but things are getting better here... much better. So I re-upped.

Priced Verizon, and even with my corporate discount, it's $84.60 before tax and with no insurance. I now pay $63 with TEP on Sprint including tax and all. Can't see spending $40 more when I add Verizon insurance and tax.

T-Mobile is maybe $10-12 cheaper than that, but still way more than with Sprint. And T-Mobile coverage is terrible especially when traveling. Been there, and won't go back. I went from T-Mobile TO Sprint. They've done nothing to win me back.
    What's your plan and discount? I'm on sero p and u pay 58 after taxes with insurance.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    What's your plan and discount? I'm on sero p and u pay 58 after taxes with insurance.
    That's what I'm on. Sero Premium. Isn't $58 the cost before tax? It's $40 for Sero Premium, $10 for premium data, and $8 for TEP. Comes to about $63 after tax.

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Hey let him go, one less person on my new 3g and 4g lte network. Have fun with your data cap
    Tkbredx likes this.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast