Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Dallas. I'm in an LTE area. I won't even bother telling you the speeds we get out here. I'll just say that my upload speeds are waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy faster than 2mps, not to mention download speeds. But, to each his/her own.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Dallas. I'm in an LTE area. I won't even bother telling you the speeds we get out here. I'll just say that my upload speeds are waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy faster than 2mps, not to mention download speeds. But, to each his/her own.

Mind you that I only ran one Speedtest while inside the store and that was with a GS2 in a remote part of Houston. Im sure Tmobile blazes in other areas of Houston. ATT is just plan old too high in price..I would get a 20% discount with ATT but still couldn't see myself paying ATT extra for texting.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
On the phone at this moment pre-ordering the GS3 from Tmobile..I will be paying about 15 dollars more per month because I have an employee discount with Sprint but sorry I can't take the horrendous data speeds that Sprint is offering its customers with no solution in sight. Went to tmobile the other day and there network blazes at 2mbps while Sprint averages 400ms and 60kbs speeds. There is no way Ill pick up a GS3 from Sprint while its network (4g) isn't even turned on for testing and have a powerful phone like the GS3 be hampered down by a [deleted] network..I'll be selling the GS2 on CS for 250.00 and sending Sprint a letter of lawsuit intent just in case they try to hit me with the cancellation fee, because I refuse to pay for a service that is unusable and ineffective all through the USA. They have failed to live up the their service expecations and they themselves should know this. Hello TMOBILE!!!

I don't blame u but the only mistake I think u made was going to t mobile. Their coverage is horrible from what I experienced but you will have fast speeds when you do have coverage. People say unlimited is a big deal but with the dismal speeds at sprint it doesn't matter much. I left and went to Verizon and don't regret it at all. I couldn't even stream Pandora with sprints 3g. Smh and their wimax was a joke. It couldn't penetrate a wet paper bag. Never had a problem with calls though. I'll consider going back in maybe 3 years when they actually have late coverage pretty much everywhere if they still offer unlimited but I doubt that will happen. They will soon drop unlimited too.. I think they will leave it long enough to steal some subscribers back and then get rid of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ill have to do more research on that I thought HSPA was 4g...Also, I would do business with ATT before Verizon anyday..They somehow think they are the godsends of the mobile planet..Even their phones on 2yr contract are 299.99 as if they aren't the same phones as all others..lol

Do yourself a favor before you purchase. Go into an At&T store and download speedtest on a display phone. Turn off the wifi and run a speed test. The results will knock you down. Lol

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Mind you that I only ran one Speedtest while inside the store and that was with a GS2 in a remote part of Houston. Im sure Tmobile blazes in other areas of Houston. ATT is just plan old too high in price..I would get a 20% discount with ATT but still couldn't see myself paying ATT extra for texting.

I can understand you on the "paying extra for texting". You pay for it with every provider, they just work it in differently. It's like internet in your house, you pay for more speeds right? Same with Att and Verizon. They have faster speeds and they're more expensive. I was in an LTE area the first day I got my Skyrocket and wanted to test it out. I downloaded an album from at site with 17 tracks in under 40 seconds. Does it have to be that fast? No, but it's nice to know it's available

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Do yourself a favor before you purchase. Go into an At&T store and download speedtest on a display phone. Turn off the wifi and run a speed test. The results will knock you down. Lol

Actually just tested a Tmobile 4g device here at work and they got 8mbps..WOW!!!! Thats amazing too me..Faster than my home wifi connection..No need to look elsewhere they have me sold.

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Tkbredx.

You are losing all of those, plus your phone will be limited to pre4g technology. Sprint will soon be releasing LTE. Also if you were planning on spending 15 extra bucks a month, I would have went with Verizon since they actually have the largest LTE network built out.

I plan on sticking with Sprint, because I already have unlimited data plan and I live in Philadelphia which is expecting to get LTE probably before the end of the year.

I give your decision a grade of: WTF?!?!

I agree sprint sucks. If a customer service unlimited data and some of the best phone but their data speeds sucks. That's what you're paying for is too use their network. I paid 10 dollars additional a month to use their 4g speeds and didn't even ever get it. I'm off to t mobile too. My friend has an S2 on t mobile and he gets 10mbps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant endorse any other carrier but when I order my next phone it wont be with Sprint. I live in a part of the country that never even got WiMax and my 3G speeds are consistently horrible. I might go back to Sprint in a few years when they have that network rolled out but I can't live with it anymore. Now I just need to find the most affordable / reasonable solution. Pricing them all out it looks like I'm headed for $160 on two lines no matter who I go with.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Taken a few weeks ago. I'm not in an LTE area right now.

4cffba87-9192-c998.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Ill have to do more research on that I thought HSPA was 4g...Also, I would do business with ATT before Verizon anyday..They somehow think they are the godsends of the mobile planet..Even their phones on 2yr contract are 299.99 as if they aren't the same phones as all others..lol

HSPA isnt 4g, LTE isnt real 4g either

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you're in Houston, you do realize that city will get LTE from Sprint by the end of the month, right?

Check Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, they might even help you out with launch dates.

If you want to leave, nothing is stopping you, but you'll never get LTE either. HSPA+ is OK, it's just not the show stopper LTE is.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/compare-carriers/houston/houston-february-2012/

Sorry but AT&T and Verizon are going to outgun T-Mo bad for a long time. Sprint will be in the same ballpark when they flip on LTE. What about T-Mo? Negatron on LTE until 2013.

T-Mobile also has the highest drop call rate in RootMetrics testing in the Houston area.

Last edited:
Reactions: lennyj17

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I can understand you on the "paying extra for texting". You pay for it with every provider, they just work it in differently. It's like internet in your house, you pay for more speeds right? Same with Att and Verizon. They have faster speeds and they're more expensive. I was in an LTE area the first day I got my Skyrocket and wanted to test it out. I downloaded an album from at site with 17 tracks in under 40 seconds. Does it have to be that fast? No, but it's nice to know it's available

Thats great..but I'll be paying 89.99 as opposed to 130..Don't mind a little slower download speeds. But with Sprint its a no go for me at this point.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If you're in Houston, you do realize that city will get LTE from Sprint by the end of the month, right?

Check Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, they might even help you out with launch dates.

If you want to leave, nothing is stopping you, but you'll never get LTE either. HSPA+ is OK, it's just not the show stopper LTE is.

RootScore Report for Houston – February 2012 | RootMetrics

Sorry but AT&T and Verizon are going to outgun T-Mo bad for a long time. Sprint will be in the same ballpark when they flip on LTE. What about T-Mo? Negatron on LTE until 2013.

T-Mobile also has the highest drop call rate in RootMetrics testing in the Houston area.

Sorry, but Sprint is way behind in it's deployment..Houston?? thats laughable too me they have to do better..Hey Tmobile's contract termination is only 200 bucks so thats nothing. If I don't like Tmobile ill just sale the gs3 then go back to Sprint IF they have gotten their act together.

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but Sprint is way behind in it's deployment..Houston?? thats laughable too me they have to do better..Hey Tmobile's contract termination is only 200 bucks so thats nothing. If I don't like Tmobile ill just sale the gs3 then go back to Sprint IF they have gotten their act together.

Where are you at?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Where are you at?

I live in Missouri City but travel all throught Houston and the greater areas..And I can say that its literally embarrasing to use my gs2 sometimes..I do realtor work on the side a constantly use my phone to look at pictures for homes. And I can tell you that waiting 20 seconds to view picture on my dual core phone is embarrasing to say the least

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I live in Missouri City but travel all throught Houston and the greater areas..And I can say that its literally embarrasing to use my gs2 sometimes..I do realtor work on the side a constantly use my phone to look at pictures for homes. And I can tell you that waiting 20 seconds to view picture on my dual core phone is embarrasing to say the least

By the time you get the GS3 from T-Mo in your hands you will have some real world comparisons to make as I'm pretty sure Missouri City is part of the launch area for LTE from Sprint.

Fortunately you have the 14 days for T-Mobile.