Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Dude not too sound like an A-hole but just close the thread already and go to the carrier of your choice. We all get it, you hate Sprint, love anyone else. The fact that you are even considering att is laughable. Some of us actually like our carrier and have had little to no problems with them. Enjoy your amazing, blazing speeds with your data cap. I would hate to see your bill when you go over that 3-5 gigs a month.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys..Just did some research and I found that If I got to At&T and using my employee discount of 24% my total bill with 3gb of data is only 80.39 and if I choose 5gbs its on 88.79. Wow!! Im definitley not even thinking about Sprint now. Thats only about a 7 dollar difference and I have yet to use over 3gbs with Sprint. Hello to super fast internet data speeds!!!!

I usually don't like responding to these types of threads because I really don't care who leaves Sprint, but two pages ago you seemed pretty set on not going with AT&T because you didn't want to "pay for text messages" and now you seem like you're all about them. SO I guess if the price is right you're willing to pay for anything?

Nothing against you but I'd be a FOOL to go with ATT..Voice 59.99, Data (capped at 5gb) 50.00, Text messaging 20.00.

Thats 130 dollars for a single line that is capped. You have to be someone crazy to pay your money to a company that charges you extra for text messaging..6 year old technology..

Tmobile:
89.99 unlimited (with contract)
70.00 Unlimite (no contract)
Tmobile has greater 4g coverage than ATT as well and their speeds are faster.

This is a no brainer..lol

I have something against the BIGS..you pay alot more for their services.. Same thing with ATT verizon would be 130 Bucks and they also act as if text messaging should be an additional feature.. I refuse to pay 130 for a cell plan. Plus I always roll with the little guy

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget once LTE is up and running and it won't be long. The Sprint unlimited plan will bring tons of users to its network, we will be the ones rejoicing unlimited everything!:);):D:thumbup::p

sent from my Evo4LTE

Last edited:

ashykat

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've personally had all four carriers and while there are advantages to all of them, I ended up liking T-Mobile the best. The data caps are soft caps, so there are no overage fees just throttling. I'm on WiFi most of the time anyway and when I'm not I get great HSPA+ speeds. A quick speedtest yesterday here in Orange County, CA and I was getting 17 Mbps down, much faster than my friends One X on AT&T LTE which was getting 8 Mbps in the same areas. Obviously this varies depending on where you are, but where I am it works out great. Even T-Mobile's Edge speeds seem to be faster than Sprint's 3G, and by the time they roll out LTE to an area big enough to matter his contract will be up anyway and he can switch again if he chooses to.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've personally had all four carriers and while there are advantages to all of them, I ended up liking T-Mobile the best. The data caps are soft caps, so there are no overage fees just throttling. I'm on WiFi most of the time anyway and when I'm not I get great HSPA+ speeds. A quick speedtest yesterday here in Orange County, CA and I was getting 17 Mbps down, much faster than my friends One X on AT&T LTE which was getting 8 Mbps in the same areas. Obviously this varies depending on where you are, but where I am it works out great. Even T-Mobile's Edge speeds seem to be faster than Sprint's 3G, and by the time they roll out LTE to an area big enough to matter his contract will be up anyway and he can switch again if he chooses to.

Question, what are the speeds like when you go over the limit? Im thinking even throttled speeds are better than Sprints right now?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't blame u but the only mistake I think u made was going to t mobile. Their coverage is horrible from what I experienced but you will have fast speeds when you do have coverage. People say unlimited is a big deal but with the dismal speeds at sprint it doesn't matter much. I left and went to Verizon and don't regret it at all. I couldn't even stream Pandora with sprints 3g. Smh and their wimax was a joke. It couldn't penetrate a wet paper bag. Never had a problem with calls though. I'll consider going back in maybe 3 years when they actually have late coverage pretty much everywhere if they still offer unlimited but I doubt that will happen. They will soon drop unlimited too.. I think they will leave it long enough to steal some subscribers back and then get rid of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lol why u lyin bro I stream pandora daily on just 3G sprints speeds get better daily in my area even during afternoon hours

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol why u lyin bro I stream pandora daily on just 3G sprints speeds get better daily in my area even during afternoon hours

Pandora does great for me on sprints 3g. Netflix would do good. But the audio doesn't match up with the video.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you think you will get unlimited data from Sprint very long???? LMAO feast your eyes on this post from the Sprint forums:

Ok, so today I get a text message from "6772 SprintFreeMsg:" that says, "As of 05/18/12, the Mobile Hotspot and Phone as Modem Add-On Service is changing. Visit sprint.com/servicechange for info."

I am attaching the document of what it says on the website because it will most likely change. It makes NO sense at all!!

I used to have unlimited mobile hotspot on my cell phone for $30 per month, until I got the new Evo 4G Lte, and they cancelled my Mobile Hotspot.

I called to get it added back on, and now, they tell me that I can only choose between 2GB for $19.99 or 4GB for $49.99.

All of this happened last week......today I got the above text message.....

Man sprint announced this MONTHS ago and that don't matter much anyway because the majority of us are rooted and tether for free or know how to sprint is STAYING UNLIMITED

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Grandfathered Verizon unlimited for the win X 2? I pay 275$ a month for 4 lines, 3 of which are on unlimited. From what I'm seeing in here, I'm really gonna be screwed if/when Big Red nerfs my grandfathered plan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jedininjafication

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
T mobile doesn't have any coverage outside gsm network. They're cheap for a reason..because you can't leave the interstate and still make calls. can't even roam.my friend worked for them do she gave me a phone under her employee family plan. I'll stick with sprint. Yeah the fact they basically no longer have the 4g because upgrading really doesn't bother me. unlimited everything for $80 a month..and that's with the additional premium smartphone data fee. Att rip off. Verizon rip off. Tmobile cheap no coverage. Wifi is everywhere nowadays so never really on 3g anyway.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

AntikytheraTech

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I have been very disappointed myself with Sprint's 3G data speeds. I live in Denver, CO and the 4G coverage area is pathetic here. I recently took a trip out to Chicago where I was on 4G at all times with better coverage, phenomenal speeds and longer battery life (because the handset was not constantly connecting and disconnecting from the network). Yeah it makes me a little upset that I am paying for service that isn't as good as I would like every where I go or even where I am usually for that matter. But I do believe they (Sprint) will pull through with overhauling the network and improving 3G data as the 4G LTE network rolls out. And given that the plans are so affordable and it is truly unlimited data, I am OK holding a little while longer. Maybe Sprint has me under their spell and I am going to keep on paying for subpar service until I am as upset as this guy and start calling my lawyer - or maybe, just maybe Sprint will make good on what they have been promising and push forward a network that is superior to the competition and better priced to boot. The way I see it is that Sprint has more motive to make good on their promise then make the same mistake they made with WiMax. Here's :beer: to seeing that 4G LTE network very soon! That wait won't be as painful once I get my Galaxy SIII White 32GB in the mail though :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm enough dissatisfied with the slow speeds that I cancelled my preorder and will not re-up for 2 more years. If anything, I'll buy this phone at full cost or wait until the iPhone is released and buy from an "upgrader" on Craigslist.

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm enough dissatisfied with the slow speeds that I cancelled my preorder and will not re-up for 2 more years. If anything, I'll buy this phone at full cost or wait until the iPhone is released and buy from an "upgrader" on Craigslist.

Fortunately NV is coming to Chicagoland. I know it's frustrating to have data speeds suck but if you read about the Network Vision plan, uou're find it's solid. This should be a big help to Sprint in the long run.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately NV is coming to Chicagoland. I know it's frustrating to have data speeds suck but if you read about the Network Vision plan, uou're find it's solid. This should be a big help to Sprint in the long run.

Coming to DC as well, and I can honestly say the speeds are so slow, I can't even connect to speedtest!

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Pandora does great for me on sprints 3g. Netflix would do good. But the audio doesn't match up with the video.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah i HAVE TO use wimax with netflix and some youtube videos too

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And nv is already starting in Chicago as we speak i was getting ok speeds before then but i think when nv is done completely sprint can claim the now network title back

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Being in Vermont I was also suffering Sprints dial up speeds! Last month I jumped ship to ATT and love it! HSPA+ and I am getting 7+ megs down!

Enjoy Sprint! The worlds largest dial up network! :p

At my house with sprint, I see 3g of almost 2mb and 4g at 8 or greater, so... Yep

Sent using my MoPho-King photon