Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah me and my wallet is enjoying it lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Well, since I'm repairing the credit my ex wife destroyed, sprint only required $100 deposit. I get 18% off my bill for an employee discount for somewhere I don't work anymore, and it's still cheaper than at&t (and I'd get 23% from them...)

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
T-Mo is looking pretty nice these days huh? 3 billion from att in the bank, roaming on atts infrastructure, a stash of spectrum, and a plan to use all of it building a LTE foot print. Kevin O also mentioned their LTE network is an advanced network and prepared for future upgrades which is good to hear.

All of the above coupled with discounted plans for folks who chose not to have them subsidize the device .... good moves.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Very happy T-Mobile user here, originally with Sprint. Looking forward to everything in store for Big Purple :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Negative,

From what the Rep at Tmobile explained when there is no 4g the phone switches to 3g tech. Which Tmobile's 3g is 4 times faster than Sprints 3g hands down.

That isn't really fact. There are multiple factors that go into what speeds you are getting.

As far as I'm concerned, there's only 2 options for the Galaxy S3. At&t and Verizon. Why waste such a great phone on those slow networks. There's a reason why they both offer unlimited data (I know, T-mobile throttles the speed after 2 or 5gb). BTW, I was a T-mobile customer since '95 when they were Omnipoint. Switched over to At&t last November for the Skyrocket.

This again is also dependent on where you live.

I get almost 2mb easy on sprint... (screens posted in other threads)

As far as lawsuit, have fun with that, and having sprint show up on your credit report. Have you read the contract and tos?

The lawsuit is laughable. That's about all that needs said about that.

Ill have to do more research on that I thought HSPA was 4g...Also, I would do business with ATT before Verizon anyday..They somehow think they are the godsends of the mobile planet..Even their phones on 2yr contract are 299.99 as if they aren't the same phones as all others..lol

Do yourself a favor before you purchase. Go into an At&T store and download speedtest on a display phone. Turn off the wifi and run a speed test. The results will knock you down. Lol

HSPA is 4G. But it is not LTE. It is not as good as LTE either. And about ATT speeds being faster, again, it is dependent on where you live.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, since I'm repairing the credit my ex wife destroyed, sprint only required $100 deposit. I get 18% off my bill for an employee discount for somewhere I don't work anymore, and it's still cheaper than at&t (and I'd get 23% from them...)

+1 on the 100 dollar deposit my phone was free too and my bill avg around 90 or 95 and I have great data speeds to be truly unlimited and lte is coming pretty soon in Chicago too my data speeds are better than both my cricket and boost phones

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

ororuben

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

@ tirith - any chance you could share the code for that 18% discount?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Sprint charged me nothing at all. 2 GNex for $0, $0 deposit, about $150/month everything unlimited, and acted kinna upset that I refused a third phone. Didn't even pay s&h or activation fees. When a company rocks with me like that I don't care what those other carriers offer me. I'm sticking it out with Sprint and waiting real patient like for that LTE. The cs rep asked me 1 question... "have I ever had a cell with them before?". Told her yes and she did the rest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sprint charged me nothing at all. 2 GNex for $0, $0 deposit, about $150/month everything unlimited, and acted kinna upset that I refused a third phone. Didn't even pay s&h or activation fees. When a company rocks with me like that I don't care what those other carriers offer me. I'm sticking it out with Sprint and waiting real patient like for that LTE. The cs rep asked me 1 question... "have I ever had a cell with them before?". Told her yes and she did the rest.

Lol and I thought I had a good deal :beer:

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol and I thought I had a good deal :beer:

The day after Hurricane Isaac I called to ask if I was being charged for roaming. Rep gave me a $300 temporary credit and a $15 permanent credit 'just in case' I got charged for it. Its things like that IMO that make waiting for Sprint's LTE worth it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The day after Hurricane Isaac I called to ask if I was being charged for roaming. Rep gave me a $300 temporary credit and a $15 permanent credit 'just in case' I got charged for it. Its things like that IMO that make waiting for Sprint's LTE worth it.

Why the credit? Roaming is free on sprint.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Why the credit? Roaming is free on sprint.

Idk. She said she was giving me the credit just in case I got charged. With water at my doorstep and out of work till power services were restored I didn't question it. Allowed me to keep cash on hand for other things the family was in need of so I wasn't gonna refuse it.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Idk. She said she was giving me the credit just in case I got charged. With water at my doorstep and out of work till power services were restored I didn't question it. Allowed me to keep cash on hand for other things the family was in need of so I wasn't gonna refuse it.

And odds are it was BECAUSE of the hurricane lil things like that is gonna keep sprint In the game and me as a customer

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
And odds are it was BECAUSE of the hurricane lil things like that is gonna keep sprint In the game and me as a customer

Exactly. I doubt if AT&T or VZW much less T-Mobile would even offer it. Slow network irks me sometimes but all in all my user experience is more than satisfying. With LTE on the way it can only get better.

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprints customer service has gotten far better over the past 4 years or so then it used to be... I've ben on Sprint since 2001ish (massive work discount) and always had issues with customer service sucking until ~4 years ago, then they really turned a corner... I am one of the lucky users I guess who has never lived in a bad or poor coverage area and am almost always on a hotspot anyways... Mobile I get 1200ish down and 900ish up, that's plenty fast for my phone use (streaming MP3's, e-mail, looking crap up on the net ect). I lived in Portland for 6 months when I had my Epic 4G and while it was very fast (8mb down, 5 mb up) I never used it that much...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm telling everybody that this is not the same sprint that we had 4-5 years ago. They used to cut u off for ten cent :D

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm telling everybody that this is not the same sprint that we had 4-5 years ago. They used to cut u off for ten cent :D

Yeah I think they realized that with the economy like it is if a customer has to make a choice between paying the mobile bill or paying a more necessary bill...the necessary bill wins out. Not that the mobile bill isn't gonna get paid but if it has to wait till next week then it just has to wait. They will keep more customers in the long run. Most people I know don't even have a landline anymore so its basically a guarantee that the mobile bill is gonna get paid if they want to communicate.

anon(15438)

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to admit I've been thinking about making the move I live in Fort Worth Texas area where LTE is suppose to work
well it's bad real bad.