Bye Bye Sprint Hello Tmobile!!

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
On the phone at this moment pre-ordering the GS3 from Tmobile..I will be paying about 15 dollars more per month because I have an employee discount with Sprint but sorry I can't take the horrendous data speeds that Sprint is offering its customers with no solution in sight. Went to tmobile the other day and there network blazes at 2mbps while Sprint averages 400ms and 60kbs speeds. There is no way Ill pick up a GS3 from Sprint while its network (4g) isn't even turned on for testing and have a powerful phone like the GS3 be hampered down by a [deleted] network..I'll be selling the GS2 on CS for 250.00 and sending Sprint a letter of lawsuit intent just in case they try to hit me with the cancellation fee, because I refuse to pay for a service that is unusable and ineffective all through the USA. They have failed to live up the their service expecations and they themselves should know this. Hello TMOBILE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont mean to be rude but this sounds kind of dumb to me.

By leaving Sprint youre losing:

Employee discount
Unlimited
Cheaper plan
Better customer service

I understand theyre somewhat slow but surely a techy like yourself will be near wifi a majority of the time. I know I will

Reactions: Mellimel22

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Tkbredx.

You are losing all of those, plus your phone will be limited to pre4g technology. Sprint will soon be releasing LTE. Also if you were planning on spending 15 extra bucks a month, I would have went with Verizon since they actually have the largest LTE network built out.

I plan on sticking with Sprint, because I already have unlimited data plan and I live in Philadelphia which is expecting to get LTE probably before the end of the year.

I give your decision a grade of: WTF?!?!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the SG3 will be LTE capable. The new Evo is. Also, are you really looking forward to 2mps down? Blazes? Wow.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The chick on the bike did it to him.

No solution in sight? Once their new network is going there will be improvements across the board. Going to the smallest carrier that almost got swallowed up by AT&T makes you feel comfortable? Go for it.

That letter of intending to sue them.... I am sure Dan Hesse will have lots of sleepless nights over it. You do sign an agreement when you sign up with any carrier, you know that, right?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I dont mean to be rude but this sounds kind of dumb to me.

By leaving Sprint youre losing:

Employee discount
Unlimited
Cheaper plan
Better customer service

I understand theyre somewhat slow but surely a techy like yourself will be near wifi a majority of the time. I know I will

The plan is not that much cheaper..As I stated i'd be paying about 10-15 bucks more per month for far superior data to Sprint. Unlimited on Sprint is not unlimited if the service is unusuable 80% of the time in my area. I live in Houston and I travel all over and I have yet to have a pleasurable experience using my GS2. The phone should be very fast but it is limited due to Sprints horrid network. "better customer service" hmm I don't think so.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Tkbredx.

You are losing all of those, plus your phone will be limited to pre4g technology. Sprint will soon be releasing LTE. Also if you were planning on spending 15 extra bucks a month, I would have went with Verizon since they actually have the largest LTE network built out.

I plan on sticking with Sprint, because I already have unlimited data plan and I live in Philadelphia which is expecting to get LTE probably before the end of the year.

I give your decision a grade of: WTF?!?!

Negative,

From what the Rep at Tmobile explained when there is no 4g the phone switches to 3g tech. Which Tmobile's 3g is 4 times faster than Sprints 3g hands down.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the SG3 will be LTE capable. The new Evo is. Also, are you really looking forward to 2mps down? Blazes? Wow.

2mbps is blazing too me based on what I have been getting from Sprint the past couple of years. And that is more than enough speed to surf web pages quickly and use all of the social apps out there. These apps are unusable with Sprints 3g service.

Reactions: youngzayiles

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The chick on the bike did it to him.

No solution in sight? Once their new network is going there will be improvements across the board. Going to the smallest carrier that almost got swallowed up by AT&T makes you feel comfortable? Go for it.

That letter of intending to sue them.... I am sure Dan Hesse will have lots of sleepless nights over it. You do sign an agreement when you sign up with any carrier, you know that, right?

Sprint will have 10 days to reply with a resolution and if they don't I have a right to sue them in small claims court to get the contract fee removed. I'd rather sign a contract with Tmobile who has a much larger 4g network than Sprint will ever have. Be mindful that I am an early adopter with Sprint 4g Wimax so Im tired of waiting on empty promises and lies. 4 cities with LTE ...thats laughable!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, there's only 2 options for the Galaxy S3. At&t and Verizon. Why waste such a great phone on those slow networks. There's a reason why they both offer unlimited data (I know, T-mobile throttles the speed after 2 or 5gb). BTW, I was a T-mobile customer since '95 when they were Omnipoint. Switched over to At&t last November for the Skyrocket.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint will have 10 days to reply with a resolution and if they don't I have a right to sue them in small claims court to get the contract fee removed. I'd rather sign a contract with Tmobile who has a much larger 4g network than Sprint will ever have. Be mindful that I am an early adopter with Sprint 4g Wimax so Im tired of waiting on empty promises and lies. 4 cities with LTE ...thats laughable!

The rollout of their new network is supposed to go at a rapid pace, I hope this holds true. Didn't know you had such low speeds, I get at least 1 mbit in most places around here with a couple of known Sprint holes here and there.

I am curious though, why didn't you go with Verizon? I am guessing because they cost more than T-Mobile?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, there's only 2 options for the Galaxy S3. At&t and Verizon. Why waste such a great phone on those slow networks. There's a reason why they both offer unlimited data (I know, T-mobile throttles the speed after 2 or 5gb). BTW, I was a T-mobile customer since '95 when they were Omnipoint. Switched over to At&t last November for the Skyrocket.

Nothing against you but I'd be a FOOL to go with ATT..Voice 59.99, Data (capped at 5gb) 50.00, Text messaging 20.00.

Thats 130 dollars for a single line that is capped. You have to be someone crazy to pay your money to a company that charges you extra for text messaging..6 year old technology..

Tmobile:
89.99 unlimited (with contract)
70.00 Unlimite (no contract)
Tmobile has greater 4g coverage than ATT as well and their speeds are faster.

This is a no brainer..lol

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The rollout of their new network is supposed to go at a rapid pace, I hope this holds true. Didn't know you had such low speeds, I get at least 1 mbit in most places around here with a couple of known Sprint holes here and there.

I am curious though, why didn't you go with Verizon? I am guessing because they cost more than T-Mobile?

I have something against the BIGS..you pay alot more for their services.. Same thing with ATT verizon would be 130 Bucks and they also act as if text messaging should be an additional feature.. I refuse to pay 130 for a cell plan. Plus I always roll with the little guy

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
T-mobile has faster speeds than Att????? I have 3 android lines on Att and I pay 180 after taxes and my discount. What state are you in?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Also, T-mobile is rolling out LTE in 2013. That's comedy. I understand your issue with the price plan though but also remember, you get what you pay for

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I get almost 2mb easy on sprint... (screens posted in other threads)

As far as lawsuit, have fun with that, and having sprint show up on your credit report. Have you read the contract and tos?

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nothing against you but I'd be a FOOL to go with ATT..Voice 59.99, Data (capped at 5gb) 50.00, Text messaging 20.00.

Thats 130 dollars for a single line that is capped. You have to be someone crazy to pay your money to a company that charges you extra for text messaging..6 year old technology..

Tmobile:
89.99 unlimited (with contract)
70.00 Unlimite (no contract)
Tmobile has greater 4g coverage than ATT as well and their speeds are faster.

This is a no brainer..lol

You are dreaming about T-mobile having better coverage than ATT, I really mean that. I know because when T-mobile can't even cover my city with their 4g and it has been stuck on the other side of the town for a year now, and not to mention that the coverage map stats that I will only get edge in my city. I get HSPA everywhere with ATT and I pull 5-10mb constant.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Also, T-mobile is rolling out LTE in 2013. That's comedy. I understand your issue with the price plan though but also remember, you get what you pay for

Ill have to do more research on that I thought HSPA was 4g...Also, I would do business with ATT before Verizon anyday..They somehow think they are the godsends of the mobile planet..Even their phones on 2yr contract are 299.99 as if they aren't the same phones as all others..lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer