165.00 Contract buyout + 199 for phone? Do I look stupid?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Called Sprint and they gave me the option to buyout my contract for 165.00 in order to get the upgrade price on the GS3.. WTF, do I look like a fool?! Why should I have to pay Sprint in order to FINALLY get the latest technology when I am supposed to already have the latest technology in Wimax? Sprint has acknowledged that their 3g network is over capacitated and slow so as a long term customer why wouldn't they just offer me the phone at upgrade price?

My question is, do any of you feel screwed that Sprint is fianlly on the right path in technology and that you should be able to upgrade your phone to an LTE device so that you can finally enjoy a solid and fast network? Should Sprint not offer us the upgrade price and have its loyal customer pay full price or extra to get what many of us was supposed to be getting with the HTC Evo?

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
How many threads are you going to start bashing sprint?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Also, the rep said that if I did not like the phone and wanted to return it the 165 bucks is non refundable and must be paid regardless!!! WTF??

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Which is common sense. That has nothing to do with the phone that's for buying out your contact.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How many months are left until your eligible for your upgrade?

I'm not due until Sept 1st and I know my NS4G and the wife's Epic 4g just are cutting it anymore with Sammy's older, outdated radios. Not to mention here in Chicagoland area the Network Vision upgrade is going on as we speak and call/network quality is subpar at best.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
How many months are left until your eligible for your upgrade?

I'm not due until Sept 1st and I know my NS4G and the wife's Epic 4g just are cutting it anymore with Sammy's older, outdated radios. Not to mention here in Chicagoland area the Network Vision upgrade is going on as we speak and call/network quality is subpar at best.

Im not eligible until 2013 in November so there is no wait that I can wait that long. Also, take a look at this from the Sprint Forums.

Ok, so today I get a text message from "6772 SprintFreeMsg:" that says, "As of 05/18/12, the Mobile Hotspot and Phone as Modem Add-On Service is changing. Visit sprint.com/servicechange for info."

I am attaching the document of what it says on the website because it will most likely change. It makes NO sense at all!!

I used to have unlimited mobile hotspot on my cell phone for $30 per month, until I got the new Evo 4G Lte, and they cancelled my Mobile Hotspot.

I called to get it added back on, and now, they tell me that I can only choose between 2GB for $19.99 or 4GB for $49.99.

All of this happened last week......today I got the above text message.....

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The mobile hotspot change I'm well aware of. Doesn't bother me because I run rooted & custom ROMs on all my devices, so tethering isn't an issue for me. Not saying I agree with the change, but after all things do change and as we see the trends of all carriers its not for the better.

So if they are hitting you up for $165 I'm curious what they will hit me for to move my eligibility up 2 or 3 months.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
The mobile hotspot change I'm well aware of. Doesn't bother me because I run rooted & custom ROMs on all my devices, so tethering isn't an issue for me. Not saying I agree with the change, but after all things do change and as we see the trends of all carriers its not for the better.

So if they are hitting you up for $165 I'm curious what they will hit me for to move my eligibility up 2 or 3 months.

mine was $65 to move it from 11/1

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Ive seen with months closer anything from 75 bucks on up..I think 165.00 is the max. There's a certain number to call though.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You signed a contract how is that Sprints fault? People always want stuff for free.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

So let me get this straight..If you sign a contract for say the morning paper to be delivered to your home everyday at 800am and the other party delivers at 10am everyday basically breaking its contract obligation you would just deal with it??? You must be some push over..this is called "performance" in a contract and right now Sprint is not performing. I bet if I don't pay my bill I could guarantee that my services will be stopped.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ive seen with months closer anything from 75 bucks on up..I think 165.00 is the max. There's a certain number to call though.
Yep, well aware of the number.. I believe we have it in our EVO forums, folks that were calling Sprint to use the "Buy up" as they call it program to move up their upgrades.

I know LTE is already active in many areas around me and more are turned on every few weeks or month as the upgrade proceeds forward. I would really love to move it up and get on one of the new LTE phones (except the GNex.. No interest there, too little way too late.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513