Do you have to format new MicroSDXC cards prior to use?

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just received my 64 gig microSDXC class 10 SanDisk card, and was wondering if I need to format it in any special way prior to using it in my GS3? I was hoping to just start loading music and movies on to it so when I go in and pick up the phone I just plug it in and go, but this will be my 1st Samsung phone as well as my 1st 64 gig card so I don't know if that will work. Any advice welcomed.

Thanks

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

janiebee123

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got a 64 gig microSDXC class 10 SanDisk card and installed it on my S5. I didn't receive any instructions to format it after installing it. Do I need to do a manual instruction to format the card?
Can I keep saving photo after photo and be able to use all the memory? When I look up my storage, it says my "device capacity " is 16 GB but my SD card total space is 59.45 GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech