I wonder why Sprint really isn't advertising this phone?

kenmid

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know the phone hasn't came out yet but you would think for phone that has 9 mil preorder worldwide Sprint would have some kind of advertisement, This phone is no where to be found on their main page, I know the Evo LTE is great and we know Sprint fell with the Iphone but you think that Sprint would have the galaxy s3 preorder on the main website.

dgene84

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It was up there. They removed it about 6 p.m. central on today from the photo roll on the home page. Not sure if they have some information about the delays being experienced in Canada and just not saying anything yet.

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This could get ugly quick... I really hope that any delays only apply to non pre-order sales. :banghead:

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You mean TV ads? They never roll those out until the phone is actually available. We are a "want NOW" generation, teasing someone with a product that won't come out for another week or longer doesn't fly with the general public.

None of the other carriers do any advertising too, its just us smart people that know about the phone and have it pre ordered already.

Reactions: Ry

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Rumors are that the galaxy s3 will be plastered all over the olympics, so that's when you might see an advertising push.

Sent from my DROID Incredible

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It was up there. They removed it about 6 p.m. central on today from the photo roll on the home page. Not sure if they have some information about the delays being experienced in Canada and just not saying anything yet.

I just assumed it was removed because the preorder should be ending anytime now, if they are planning on sending them out early.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Advertising responsibility could fall on the carrier or the manufacturer depending on agreements while negotiating. Because this is the same design, on all carriers, in all countries, I'd guess Samsung is taking the lead on advertisements. It's easier for them to do it, focus on the phone only, and have all the carriers logo at the end rather than each individual carrier world wide creating their own commercials.

Guess time will tell.

I'm way more baffled that sprint hasn't mentioned or even acknowledged that the LG Viper, HTC EVO LTE, and likely most future flagship phones have SVDO. The 1xrtt radio and EVDO radio are separate now allowing users to talk and surf on 3g at the same time. Verizons thunderbolt and rezound also have this capability and again, mum ... ? yet just a couple years ago apple was making adds talking crap about CDMA because of the lack of this function.

Reactions: hoovhartid

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Everyone pre-ordering: you are the current advertising campaign.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Clm460

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will do mass media marketing for the device being that all of the major carriers will offer it. Saves money for the individual carriers.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You mean TV ads? They never roll those out until the phone is actually available. We are a "want NOW" generation, teasing someone with a product that won't come out for another week or longer doesn't fly with the general public.

None of the other carriers do any advertising too, its just us smart people that know about the phone and have it pre ordered already.

Actually the reverse is true. How do you think the original Evo sold out on the first day it was available if noone knew it existed beforehand? It sold out in the first day because of pre launch advertising which created demand.

It's the time honored "coming soon to a store near you" slogan in the ads which creates the public stir, which translates, hopefully, to big sales. And this tried and true method is a staple of every marketing department across industry. If your competitor gains mind share over you, you've lost. Pre launch advertising is Marketing 101.

Remember the first iphone tv ad? Apple began showing those daily over a month before the June launch. Had they not advertised prior to availability how would thousands of consumers know to camp out in anticipation of its launch? Pre launch marketing creates excitement.

Every notable device, across carriers, has benefitted from pre launch advertising.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone does advertise immediately after it is announced and they sell okay. I barely ever see advertising for phones before they come out, but when I do the phone usually does well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Sprint doesn't want its customers to know that it's coming. Sprint needs to sell Iphones not GSIII's. They need to make up for that 4 year 15 billion dollar deal that it made with Apple. Sprint needs to sell lots of Iphones. Not saying that I am right just my opinion.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Sprint doesn't want its customers to know that it's coming. Sprint needs to sell Iphones not GSIII's. They need to make up for that 4 year 15 billion dollar deal that it made with Apple. Sprint needs to sell lots of Iphones. Not saying that I am right just my opinion.
Sounds reasonable to me.

It still blows my mind that Sprint paid $15 billions for the privilege to sell the iPhone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can really care less If the Iphone lives or dies. Competition make the android better and pushes new development. I had the og epic when it came out and it never got any advertising love either. Sprint pushed the evo instead. I'm used to the Samsung not getting any love. Let the uninformed be herded like sheep. It just doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm way more baffled that sprint hasn't mentioned or even acknowledged that the LG Viper, HTC EVO LTE, and likely most future flagship phones have SVDO. The 1xrtt radio and EVDO radio are separate now allowing users to talk and surf on 3g at the same time. Verizons thunderbolt and rezound also have this capability and again, mum ... ? yet just a couple years ago apple was making adds talking crap about CDMA because of the lack of this function.

so...do you happen to know if the S3 on sprint will have this capability as well?

I'd imagine so, but I don't really know what to look for...
thanks btw

This may be....but I honestly don't think Sprint would care about what it sells...as long as they are selling something they are making money. Also, I've been wondering if their apple deal includes units sold to boost and virgin...if so, then hitting their goal may be a bit easier.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is the extent of Samsung's advertising in the US for the Galaxy S III and needless to say im disapointed. Samsung is marketing the hell out of this phone Internationally but in the US all we get is some web ads?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums