What are the chances of getting a 16gb from a store tomorrow?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Was thinking about dropping into an out of the way sprint store tomorrow to see if they have a 16gb S3 in stock. What do you guys think the chances are that they would have one considering I didn't pre-order it?

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
By Sprints posting...there will be NO retail units until next week after the 16 & 32gb pre orders are all shipped out.

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I would say it depends on the stock. According the sprint they are going to fill all the pre orders before releasing to the stores.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
16gb slim to none
32gb hell no

This all makes me wonder if Samsung is producing these with some knowledge of demand in mind or are they producing a set amount?? I just hope they are able to keep up with the demand if need be and produce a good product with QC in mind!

dhoshman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I can tell you that I went to BB on Tuesday evening and reserved a blue 16gb and the mobile manager who is super coo told me that I will definitely have one on Thursday.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lindseybp

mthompson8

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So I doubt any stores will have these avaialble tomorrow. I live in OP KS (corporate HQ) and I called 4 different Sprint stores and the one on Campus, and they are not going to launch until next week. Pretty frustrating. I did call a BB and they are going to launch the AT&T phone tomorrow, but not the Sprint...not sure why?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So I doubt any stores will have these avaialble tomorrow. I live in OP KS (corporate HQ) and I called 4 different Sprint stores and the one on Campus, and they are not going to launch until next week. Pretty frustrating. I did call a BB and they are going to launch the AT&T phone tomorrow, but not the Sprint...not sure why?

According to sprint their pre orders have priority. No stores will receive phones until all of sprint pre orders are sent.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't pre-order for reasons that are neither here nor there --

So I've been trying to go in-store... let me know if you find any in Radioshacks, Best Buys, or Sprints...

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If they are struggling to fill preoders why why would they have stock available to sell to walk-ins? Probably not available until next week at the earliest.

mc7hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would say about a 0.00000001 percent chance. Only way I see it happening is if a store or two got a couple stragglers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

halmo20#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is having a hard time acquiring parts from their vendors. Other than memory, screen, and exynos that they are producing themselves, virtually all of their major vendors are behind. Behind not because of the production problems but the demand was just too high; even beyond what samsung had predicted. Their vendors' capacity is just not enough. Samsung has sent their own employees to major vendor factories to oversee component production themselves. Samsung has never done this before..

On another note, they are having hard time meeting their own demand for exynos and Apple's chips. They are aggressively converting their memory fabs to logic fabs while building whole new logic sites.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sammy needs to hold up Crapples production and speed up theirs lol. Whne the GSIII was held up in Europe and aver sees, that should been an indication of how much people would want this phone. Hopefully I can get one at the store here or in Tampa in a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674